Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

flash player on mac?

• 28-12-2011 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, if this is the wrong section please move or what have you, but anyway. I installed the latest flash player on my mac, and since then, every thing that requires flash, adverts, banners, youtube, has come up fragmentary and flashy, so its unwatchable. Any help?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Moved to Mac forum :)

Sounds too me like a video card driver issue, hopefully someone here can help further :)

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

could be a bug in the flash Player.. i would uninstall it, Flash is a dying item, with alot of sites now moving to HTML 5 it be within 1year when flash player will be a thing of the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've tried uninstalling it, then re installing it, but it just comes up like that. Every video not off the internet(itunes, downloaded off the net onto the mac) works fine, so I don't know what the problem is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Hi
    I am having a problem browsing sites that use flash and watching youtube videos. Jittery video (the audio plays fine) and sometimes it freezes safari with the colorful circle spinning.

its the latest 13" mac book pro (bought at xmas) with the latest OS and all updates etc.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled flash a few times but no improvement,

it is very very annoying .

any thoughts on what else to try?

someone mentioned video drivers but a couple of games and video files play fine.

thanks in advance

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

eoinf wrote: »
    Hi
    I am having a problem browsing sites that use flash and watching youtube videos. Jittery video (the audio plays fine) and sometimes it freezes safari with the colorful circle spinning.

its the latest 13" mac book pro (bought at xmas) with the latest OS and all updates etc.

someone mentioned video drivers but a couple of games and video files play fine.

thanks in advance

Eoin

Flash is Flash.... Adobe makes flash, download it and why the hell are you using safari for why not FireFox ? Safari is very poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Cork24 wrote: »
    Flash is Flash.... Adobe makes flash, download it and why the hell are you using safari for why not FireFox ? Safari is very poor.

Safari's great. I've never liked firefox on the mac. Go with safari or chrome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Cork24 wrote: »
    eoinf wrote: »
    Hi

thanks in advance

Eoin

I am not sure what point you are trying to make.

My problem is irrelevant of browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

I had the same problem last week and I use Firefox........also happened after an update. I fixed it by disabling an adobe / flash extension add on thing. Then I moved to chrome :o

Advertisement