Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Music

Options
  • 28-12-2011 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, I'm looking for advice on the HL Leaving Cert Music Practical.
    What I know so far is that for an individual instrument its 6 songs. I'll be singing for my exam so that applies to me. What I also know is that I should be very diverse with my genres of songs chosen. I have a wide knowledge of styles but I tend to nit-pick with songs that suit myself. Having organised my JC practical exam the night before I would definitely like to be prepared this time!
    So far I have chosen:

U2 - One (Rock Song)
    Nina Simone - Feeling Good (Jazz)
    Edith Piaf - La Vie En Rose/Ne Me Quitte Pas (Foreign Language Song)
    Somebody's Eyes/I Can't Stand Still - Footloose (Broadway Musical)
    (The latter two have yet to be decided!)

I need two more! I would like to do a Motown-esque song, as that is my comfort genre, but I can't help but think that I'm not over-challenging myself. I wouldn't be trained classically, so I'm not familiar with much opera music, however would I be deducted marks for not performing any classical music?
    Hopefully you guys can help me with this, Thanks :)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement