Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP Doctor Recommendation City Centre

Options
  • 28-12-2011 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I need a recommendation for a good GP near the City Centre.

I'm after spending an hour up at the Medicus Medical Centre where I was treated so badly I left before even getting to see the GP. Seeing as an hour of being ignored and then insulted by the staff didn't cure my chest infection I still need to see a doctor.

If anyone can recommend somewhere when you get treated like a human being please forward me on the details.

Thank you,

WC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Grafton Medical Centre is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

D2 medial centre on Fitzwilliam Street is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Medical Centre on O'Connell St beside the Ulster Bank, upstairs from the Pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

would recommend suffolk street surgery on suffolk street, dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭dardhal

Do you know if any of them accept EHIC (European Health Insurance Cards) for people from the EU living in Ireland? I'm talking about the following:
    http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Find_a_Service/entitlements/EHIC/Visitors_to_Ireland.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

January wrote: »
    Medical Centre on O'Connell St beside the Ulster Bank, upstairs from the Pharmacy.

I've used these as have several coworkers. Never heard a complaint. They also do a discounted return visit price, something which my local GP out in the sticks doesn't. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wcooper

I went to the Medical Centre on O'Connell St beside the Ulster Bank and found it to be a much better experience than I had yesterday with Medicus. Thank you everyone for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

Had mixed experiences at Medicus. First time 'round got seen by a very competent laryngologist, who answered all my questions and seemed really interested in looking after me.
    Second time, a couple of weeks ago was seen by a GP and after waiting 30-40 minutes, was very badly treated by her. The GP seemed like she just wanted me to get out of there and didn't even let me finish my questions. Had trouble communicating as she didn't make an effort to speak clearly. Overall, went home very frustrated.

Just my two cents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement