Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrier

Options
  • 28-12-2011 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi I am not sure where to go with my problem. I am getting nowhere with Eircom. I spoke with a very helpful Eircom engineer who explained to me my line is on a carrier and in order for me to get broadband I need to request to be taken off the carrier in order to get broadband. The engineer said I will have broadband (approx 2mb)once it has been taken off the carrier. I have called Eircom who were extremely rude and been given all kinds of information including I am talking nonsense and my request is not possible.Is there anyone who can advise me where to go next. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

celtic8890 wrote: »
    Hi I am not sure where to go with my problem. I am getting nowhere with Eircom. I spoke with a very helpful Eircom engineer who explained to me my line is on a carrier and in order for me to get broadband I need to request to be taken off the carrier in order to get broadband. The engineer said I will have broadband (approx 2mb)once it has been taken off the carrier. I have called Eircom who were extremely rude and been given all kinds of information including I am talking nonsense and my request is not possible.Is there anyone who can advise me where to go next. Thanks in advance.

Hi celtic8890,

At the moment eircom are looking into a process regarding removing existing customers from carriers in an effort to provide broadband.

However there is no indication I can give as yet as to when eirom will be taking these requests.

The problem is that there is never a guarantee that a customers line will be capable of broadband even if they are removed from a carrier line.

I will keep you posted of any updates.

Thanks, Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

carrier means split line, the engineer spoke the truth first time round and shame about the customer service staff.

best thing is order a completely new line .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 celtic8890

Thanks Sponge. Hi Mark this is conflicting to what the engineer said i would have at least thought you might have took my details and looked into this for me. Obviously Eircom are unwilling to help. The engineer specifically said its a simple issue for him to resolve he just needs the request to be taken off the carrier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If you order a NEW line the engineer must enter the premises to install a socket.

Generally they will tell you if they use a carrier (= line splitter) outside and therefore you can refuse to let them in to install the socket so the line installation is never completed and costs nothing .....because it does not work.

If the line is not on a carrier and they do install the socket it is free ANYWAY.. as long as you order by tomorrow.

Save this PDF

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/internet_special_offer.pdf

"eircom PSTN Standard Connection Promotion"

Residence
    Standard Connection Exchange line Cost = zero
    Standard Connection Exchange line zero
    1. The offer applies to Residential Standard PSTN Connection and Residential Standard PSTN Removal Orders received during the promotional
    period. A maximum of one order per account may avail of the promotional offer.
    2. The offer applies to Residential Accounts only. The line must be retained on a Residential Account for a minimum period of six months. If the line
    is transferred to a Business Account, or ceased and then re-instated on a Business Account, eircom reserves the right to apply the Standard fee of
    €107.43 (ex VAT).
    5. Usage of eircom PSTN service is deemed to be acceptance of the eircom General Terms and Conditions of Telephone Service.
    6. A Standard PSTN Connection is one where the telephone service cannot be activated remotely, but requires manual intervention by an eircom
    technician, whether inside or outside of the premises where the service is required.
    (where the telephone line cannot be activated remotely, but requires manual intervention by an eircom
    technician, whether inside or outside of the premises where the service is required)

HTH

Advertisement