Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment from a receiver......

Options
  • 28-12-2011 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Am I right in saying that after a company goes into a receivership that any supplier dealing with the receiver is legally guaranteed payment ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

Yes but you are at least 3rd in line behind the Banks and the revenue comms and the receivers own costs. Its rare there is anything left to pay you after the other gentlemen get there cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 trevr

spcw wrote: »
    Yes but you are at least 3rd in line behind the Banks and the revenue comms and the receivers own costs. Its rare there is anything left to pay you after the other gentlemen get there cut.

Thanks spcw, i'm talking about goods supplied after the receiver has been appointed and the business is still trading away as a going concern. In this instance am I not dealing with the receiver as a new entity and therefore legally guaranteed payment ??

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

100% correct you rank with the receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You are talking about the situation in relation to orders placed after the date of appointment of the receiver?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 trevr

You are talking about the situation in relation to orders placed after the date of appointment of the receiver?

Yes....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Yes - guaranteed once the receiver doesn't go bust:D.

Basically the reciver has taken charge of the business and you are in effect selling to the receiver rather than the business.

Advertisement