Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of setting up a siri proxy server for Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

gpf101 wrote: »
    Still down for me. The other one I got from a guy on twitter is working 95% of the time so it can be done.
    Is someone else testing an Irish one? Would you be kind enough to send me a link to the tweet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It's not Irish it's US based as far as I know. Works almost all the time, have it since christmas now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

It's not Irish it's US based as far as I know. Works almost all the time, have it since christmas now.

If u can send us details or twitter name by pm will appreciate it. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Hoping kjl is on that 18 hour return flight. Would explain the silence.

nava wrote: »

@Str4y on twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

@Str4y on twitter

$25 he will let you on to his proxy and has said its hit and miss so I think kji is giving a better deal as he not here to make money just pay his over heads

fox007 wrote: »

@Str4y on twitter

$25 he will let you on to his proxy and has said its hit and miss so I think kji is giving a better deal as he not here to make money just pay his over heads

Agree

It has been working a hell of a lot more than the Irish one! Anyway fair play to both of them, no problem supporting things like this...

Hey guys

Anyone know the current status of the server? I do want to donate and use it, but only if it actually works?

Cheers
    Spy

Spyguy wrote: »
    Hey guys

Anyone know the current status of the server? I do want to donate and use it, but only if it actually works?

Cheers
    Spy

It has been down for quite a while now. But I'm sure we'll here from kjl soon

Won't we????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Good News everyone, Vodafone have finally lifted my data cap and you should be able to use the server again.

Woohoo.
    Working here again.

Anyone notice how Siri sounds more robotic???
    Also, does lift to talk work for anyone??? Doesn't for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Still not working here :(

ok deano, are you on the 10 people server, if so make a command right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Does this work with any Siriproxy plugins? I see there are plugins for enigma2 sat receivers and xbmc an look cool to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

jarvis wrote: »
    Woohoo.
    Working here again.

Anyone notice how Siri sounds more robotic???
    Also, does lift to talk work for anyone??? Doesn't for me.

Raise to speak never worked for me but I think I remember reading that the iPhone 4s has a different setup for the proximity sensor to make raise to speak work with Siri so maybe that's the reason.

kjl wrote: »
    ok deano, are you on the 10 people server, if so make a command right now.
    I'm on the 25 server (or at least I donated 25)

Does this work with any Siriproxy plugins? I see there are plugins for enigma2 sat receivers and xbmc an look cool to use.

you would need to be running them on a local server for those to work

deano546 wrote: »

what are the two last number of the port you have?

by 10 people I mean you donated 25 and are on a server with 10 people, the last 2 digits of you port should tell you this.

what are the two last number of the port you have?

by 10 people I mean you donated 25 and are on a server with 10 people, the last 2 digits of you port should tell you this.
    Last 2 numbers are 10, sorry I misunderstood you :o It's like before I set up the plist, it stops before I can talk then it tells me something like try again later.

• Advertisement

Last 2 numbers are 10, sorry I misunderstood you :o It's like before I set up the plist, it stops before I can talk then it tells me something like try again later.

and your address is defo https?

and your address is defo https?
    Yep just checked there.

look, there is obviously something wrong with you plist

can I suggest you remove spire and try again

here is a screen of the server running with a command taken from 2 min ago from me

HpUhh.png

look, there is obviously something wrong with you plist

can I suggest you remove spire and try again

here is a screen of the server running with a command taken from 2 min ago from me
    Reinstalling spire didn't work but I kept a backup of the plist before I changed it so I got the backup and pasted in the stuff from page 3 of the thread and its working again :) Thanks for the help.

Seems to have gone down again. Is it working for anybody else?

macgabhs wrote: »
    Seems to have gone down again. Is it working for anybody else?

Yup. Gone again.

It came back yesterday at 13:30. I wonder was it gone at 13:30 today but didn't kjl say it needs a 12 hour refresh now for some reason.

Kjl any update on how often this refresh is needed and will it do that automatically especially now the jb is out?

jarvis wrote: »
    Yup. Gone again.

It came back yesterday at 13:30. I wonder was it gone at 13:30 today but didn't kjl say it needs a 12 hour refresh now for some reason.

Kjl any update on how often this refresh is needed and will it do that automatically especially now the jb is out?

it seems to be pretty random when it kills the keys as I updated it this morning.

perhaps there is an exact time it stops everyday.

it's going to take a while to figure out the key generation, not even sure if you can use the gen keys, I have a second 4s at home (work gave me a second one) which I might just set up to auto update the keys and leave it plugged in.

another weird thing is it won't register the keys at the moment, might just do a restart and see if that fixes it, but it's such a pain to restart

it involves restarting like 6 servers

can you all try to figure out exactly when it stops working, if it's the case that it stops at a certain time everyday I can just run a command at that time

Well it was working today at lunchtime between 13:00 and 13:30. I was in the car and used it then no problem.

• Advertisement

ok the servers are up and key has been saved.

it's now 19:48 gmt..

so this time keep trying it every hour or so and figure out exactly when they go down. help is appreciated.

kjl

Advertisement