Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of setting up a siri proxy server for Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

kjl wrote: »
    ok the servers are up and key has been saved.

it's now 19:48 gmt..

so this time keep trying it every hour or so and figure out exactly when they go down. help is appreciated.

kjl

Great. Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mossie27

Siri hasn't worked for me since you mailed me the new cert and address.

Any advice?

Here's a strange one for you kjl. Twice in the last four says I've got an alert from gmail saying that my email has been accessed from the UK and another from Germany. Is this anything to do with the cert or server on my iphone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

using siri all of your data goes through the server, calls, texts emails or anything you use siri to do

guil wrote: »
    using siri all of your data goes through the server, calls, texts emails or anything you use siri to do

Yeah I understand that. That's why I want to know is the server in uk or Germany?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

jarvis wrote: »
    guil wrote: »

Yeah I understand that. That's why I want to know is the server in uk or Germany?

Jarvis just to be on the safe side change your email password

Still working for me.
    Installed siritoggles from Cydia, allows you open apps both app store and jailbroken and allows change things like data on/off change brightness etc.
    Some of the apps with non dictionary type words are difficult to get through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

no, but I have been in UK and germany, see if you get one from south africa :)

Down for me now. Just noticed at 18:20.

Back up now at 19:00.
    Every time it comes back up he calls me the wrong name first time out and then it's correct free that. Most common is raul and Stephen. Tonight it was George. Hasn't called me James in a good while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

how do i donate lads? whats the site address again?

Irishsiriproxy.com

cool thanks

.. just donated 25 james.. robkell email... cheers

does anyone have spire installed on ipad 2? i just got one but its not installing via cydia?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Video wrote: »
    does anyone have spire installed on ipad 2? i just got one but its not installing via cydia?:rolleyes:

I have it running on iPad 1 no problems using it a few weeks now

fox007 wrote: »

ipad 1 and 2 are very different, the processor could be causing an issue.

Video let me know if you get it sorted, there are other versions of siri, but it would mean that all traffic would go thought the server which I would like to avoid.

Everything seem to be running at the moment, which is weird as it's over 24 hours since I patched the keys.

is it ok if i install on 2 devices? plan would be ipad 2 and my new iphone 4?

i am trying to install spire now on ipad 2 , i just had to edit another springboard plist to fool it to thinking it was an iphone but its still installing so i cant test results

as for installing on 2 devices , obviously i would not be using them at the same time so it would not overload the server?

fox007 wrote: »

ipad 1 and 2 are very different, the processor could be causing an issue.

Video let me know if you get it sorted, there are other versions of siri, but it would mean that all traffic would go thought the server which I would like to avoid.

Everything seem to be running at the moment, which is weird as it's over 24 hours since I patched the keys.

I couldn't connect from 18:20 to 19:00.
    And again it's down for me now. An I the only one so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Down for me too

kjl i installed spire alright ,installed cert ..entered server then performed one command which instantly failed.. then went into the plist but nothing has been added .. i also tried to respring before going into the plist but its the same story.. any idea whats wrong?

• Advertisement

The text you need isn't gonna appear in the plist without you adding it. Copy everything in red from the mail you got and paste it after Thr 3rd dict leaving everything that's already there below the new text you entered. A resorting wouldn't harm then and then try it.
    It's been down again all evening too so might not be best time to try it. Wait till you know it's up.

in the plist there is supposed to be a key already there.. i dont have that therefore adding the text would be useless

in the plist there is supposed to be a key already there.. i dont have that therefore adding the text would be useless

Hey Video you 100% need to edit the plist to get this working. Follow the instructions in James email and copy and paste the few lines in using the ifile app. If you've already done that then my apologies but from reading your post it sounds like you have not edited the plist yet which would explain why it's not working. Hope this helps.

kjl i installed spire alright ,installed cert ..entered server then performed one command which instantly failed.. then went into the plist but nothing has been added .. i also tried to respring before going into the plist but its the same story.. any idea whats wrong?

nothing gets added, but it does change the plist so that there are now a few more dicts, put it in after the third dict

nothing gets added, but it does change the plist so that there are now a few more dicts, put it in after the third dict

thats what i mean there is still only 2 dict's in the file.. a third is not added when i do a command

ok after messing around with respringing reinstalling repspring again etc etc i managed to get it to gen the key then the additional dict's

but after i add the entries in red to the file im still geting "im really sorry about this " messages.. is the server down? cert is installed and proxy address IS entered correctly

Yep server is gone down

If it works out at needing refresh every 24hrs is there anyway of you getting on a different cycle than our current one? I'd rather it went down at 22:30 or 07:00 if you get me.
    It's bummer not having it in the evenings.

If it works out at needing refresh every 24hrs is there anyway of you getting on a different cycle than our current one? I'd rather it went down at 22:30 or 07:00 if you get me.
    It's bummer not having it in the evenings.

OK, Ill set it for about 5pm your time, Just so you know, when in SA, it costs about €2 to set it up. Ill be home on the 3rd, so will figure something else when I get back.

Going to be in SA on and off for a year or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭reni10

Do you need to donate to get access to a server to test this?

When I go to the irishsiriproxy webpage it says Free at the top but how do I test this for free?

Advertisement