Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of setting up a siri proxy server for Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

reni10 wrote: »
    Do you need to donate to get access to a server to test this?

When I go to the irishsiriproxy webpage it says Free at the top but how do I test this for free?

Well, the main site is still in testing before I let other people in. I am taking donations to support the server costs and as such am allowing donators to get early access.

Going to be like this until I get enough to cover 1 year server costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

is it still down ? hasnt worked once for me yet

Video wrote: »
    is it still down ? hasnt worked once for me yet

no, it's been up and running for the last few days, are you tying it on an iPad 2?

yeah and the plist is fine..wonder what could be up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Down for me since last night. Was working when I went to bed and wasn't working when I got up at 6. Randomly checked throughout the day and no joy.

• Advertisement

apparently it doesn't work on iPad 2 but you CAN have it permanently without the proxy check out this link

http://www.limera1n.cc/2012/01/install-siri-on-ipad-2-video.html

Proxy back up again, Promise Ill sort out a better solution when I get back from SA

oh well

i guess ill use it for my iphone 4... cant install it now because i friggin ripped one of the connectors for the dock part while repairing the screen yesterday so im waiting for the replacement..

lil bit of advice people.. if you've never opened an iphone 4 and are attempting repair yourself in future.. the big black connector is very easy to rip in half! :(

oh well

i guess ill use it for my iphone 4... cant install it now because i friggin ripped one of the connectors for the dock part while repairing the screen yesterday so im waiting for the replacement..

lil bit of advice people.. if you've never opened an iphone 4 and are attempting repair yourself in future.. the big black connector is very easy to rip in half! :(

lol, I actually have about 5 of them at the moment, the cable is connected to the dock connector and they break all the time. Another tip, use tweezers to put the mic back into the slot, it's another component that is easy to break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

kjl wrote: »

apparently it doesn't work on iPad 2 but you CAN have it permanently without the proxy check out this link

http://www.limera1n.cc/2012/01/install-siri-on-ipad-2-video.html

Proxy back up again, Promise Ill sort out a better solution when I get back from SA

Server seems to be down again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Down for me too. Down a lot tbh.

• Advertisement

A new siri port doesn't require proxy

http://www.jailbreakplus.com/finally-install-siri-on-iphone-4-ipod-touch-4g-without-proxy-video-tutorial/

Ill keep the irishsiriproxy going anyway until it's confirmed it works.

Anyone care to try it out?

Think I'll research a little before trying h1siri messed me up and im reluctant to jump in to trying something.

Siri been down for me for 2 days now.

jarvis wrote: »
    Think I'll research a little before trying h1siri messed me up and im reluctant to jump in to trying something.

should be back now, vpn must have stopped working

jarvis wrote: »

should be back now, vpn must have stopped working

No. Not back for me.

A new siri port doesn't require proxy

http://www.jailbreakplus.com/finally-install-siri-on-iphone-4-ipod-touch-4g-without-proxy-video-tutorial/

Ill keep the irishsiriproxy going anyway until it's confirmed it works.

Anyone care to try it out?
    Doubt any free server could cope with the demand of a mass switch over to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

gpf101 wrote: »
    Doubt any free server could cope with the demand of a mass switch over to it.

I downloaded it there and all I get is "I'm really sorry about this, but I can't take any requests right now. Please try again in a little while"
    Maybe it takes a while to activate.

I imagine it's basically like one server with potentially hundreds of thousands of people trying ti connect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Darthrodney

Down for me now at 12:42 Tuesday 31st.
    Was working this morning at 00:30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Down for me now at 12:42 Tuesday 31st.
    Was working this morning at 00:30.

Also down for me.

Lads it seems like its always down

• Advertisement

Hasn't been working for me for 3 days. Definitely didn't come back this morning.
    Should be much more stable when kjl gets back at the end of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Darthrodney

5 days and still down ... :confused:
    Any word on when/if this is gonna be resolved??

Kjl said he's home on the 3rd and it should get better from then so hopefully we will be sorted tomorrow. He should be on an aeroplane now!!!

Kjl, were you in Portugal recently? I got another message from gmail saying my email was used in Portugal. Hoping it's something to do with the server and not some globetrotter reading my emails!!!!

is he a spy or something :pac:

is he a spy or something :pac:
    Possibly. Since I've been using siri to send emails I've gotten 3 different messages in gmail saying my account was accessed from a different country. Was wondering if it was something to do with the proxy server as he's been in 2 of the countries or something. Anyway. I canned my gmail password Justin casey

Hey guys, I am back. Sorry I've been out of contact recently, been very busy with work. Back in Ireland at the moment. So I do my best to keep it up while I am home. Do a little testing myself

Ill keep you guys informed, should be up and running now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hey guys, I am back. Sorry I've been out of contact recently, been very busy with work. Back in Ireland at the moment. So I do my best to keep it up while I am home. Do a little testing myself

Ill keep you guys informed, should be up and running now

Hi Mr KGB :D
    How can I get in on this

Carpenter wrote: »
    Hi Mr KGB :D
    How can I get in on this

www.irishsiriproxy.com

Down for me since I woke at 6:30

• Advertisement

Hey kjl, any chance of a proper status update. We are down more than up lately. Have you give up on us? Will it improve?

Advertisement