Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of setting up a siri proxy server for Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

just installed on my iphone 4 and not working, comon please!! we have donated after all :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

i feel sorry for those that have donated 50 for a dedicated server

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

guil wrote: »
    i feel sorry for those that have donated 50 for a dedicated server
    That's me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Right update time

It seems apple have no logic what so every as to when they change the keys, so it's pretty difficult to have the server updated with keys all the time.

I am working on a program that will automatically transfer the keys from my phone to the server, it's a small thing that will run in the background. But I am at a small stumbling block which is that the phone still needs to run a siri command to access the new keys. I am trying to find a way for it to run a key request without accessing Siri. The plan is to have a spare iPhone 4s at home constantly connected and constantly updating the server with keys.

I appreciate that you guys donated, but with all the donations I got I barely have enough to run the server for a year, let alone all the roaming data charges I am getting to keep it running when I am away.

There are proxies out there that charge €25 - €50 a month for the same service and as such the guys running these servers spend their all their time updating the keys.

I am open to other suggestions as to how to stay on top of the key exchange because I do activate them at least once a day if not more. I don't log into the server so much though to make sure they are still on.

is it still down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Video wrote: »
    is it still down?

It's for me now

man im after paying 25 euro and have not seen it work once, can you fix things up please?

Still down for me. Another block of 24hrs+ of down time.

hosting company is upgrading domain, has gone down to a trickly speed and as such wont let me connect.

The say it should be back up by tomorrow

speak of the devil, it's back

@video, are you sure you have set up the config correctly.

what device are you using and have you modified the plist?

• Advertisement

using iphone 4
    yes its all correct i just tried reinstalling and when i try to do the siri command to add the third dict on my iphone 4 it doesnt add it

and im about to bash this phone against the wall if i here "theres something wrong"

kjl wrote: »
    speak of the devil, it's back

@video, are you sure you have set up the config correctly.

what device are you using and have you modified the plist?

Are you sure kjl? It hasn't been up for me for two days now and I have been checking quite regularly. Could it be that it's down again do video won't succeed until its confirmed up?

jarvis wrote: »
    Are you sure kjl? It hasn't been up for me for two days now and I have been checking quite regularly. Could it be that it's down again do video won't succeed until its confirmed up?

should be up at the moment, I did a sync at 14.00

kjl wrote: »

should be up at the moment, I did a sync at 14.00

Not working for me and I haven't changed anything since the last time it worked. Hopefully others will let us know if they are working as don't wanna change anything till I'm sure it's an issue my end! Thanks.

Not working for me and I haven't changed anything since the last time it worked. Hopefully others will let us know if they are working as don't wanna change anything till I'm sure it's an issue my end! Thanks.

try it now

Yup. Working now.

Kjl I just sent you a pm

Hi, also working for me now.

Can you one of you guys send me your plist and I can see If I can get mine working that way

Can you one of you guys send me your plist and I can see If I can get mine working that way

Just sent you mine. Not sure if it'll be any good to you though. Hope it is. Good luck. It's up for me at the moment so it's a good time to test.

• Advertisement

Also sent you will need to edit line 7 with your own key (take it from previous file if you have it, I think is unique per device) and line 14 with the port for host with what you got from kjl

I use plist editor for windows from WOWsoft to edit the file, hope it works.

Cheers lads , I'm gona see if I can get this sorted tonight , I'm gonna try a full reinstall including the firmware for the laugh to see if I get anywhere , it's just for some reason I'm not getting a key generated in the plist which is supposed to appear before adding the speech identifier etc text

finalllyyyyyyy!!! got it working, i have no idea what was wrong the first time because i used the exact same settings and method as the first time

thanks again guys appricate you helping me out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Would love try this on my ipad

RVN10 wrote: »
    Would love try this on my ipad

Couldn't get it workin on my iPad man , waste of time for now if you ask me... I'm using it on my iPhone 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Couldn't get it workin on my iPad man , waste of time for now if you ask me... I'm using it on my iPhone 4
    they never said if it was an ipad 1 or 2

it works on ipad 1

pretty sure its down again... ughhhhh

pretty sure its down again... ughhhhh

YUP!

• Advertisement

weird, i activated the keys at 7pm today.

Apple seem to be refreshing the keys every few hours now

not a lot I can do until I finish the program

should be up again

Advertisement