Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of setting up a siri proxy server for Ireland

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

RVN10 wrote: »
    Would love try this on my ipad

he has an iPad 2, he pm'ed me

you can get it to work officially with ipad 2, I posted a link in this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Down at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

DOWN

Video wrote: »
    DOWN

Went down for me yesterday morning at 9 and hasn't all yesterday or today.

hmm, seems to be something wrong with the response from the apple server. All is ok my side, can store the keys and gen the packages, but being blocked by apple. Hope it will sort itself out.

Ill keep you informed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

any update? hows the program coming along?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mossie27

Apple seem to be blocking non 4S devices. Have a look at the link.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/02/14/apple-seems-to-be-disabling-siri-on-unsupported-devices-spire/

Video wrote: »
    any update? hows the program coming along?

the program was actually good, I managed to get it to autosync the keys every hour or so, but then the whole thing stopped working.

I really don't know what's up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Darthrodney

Saw this on Gizmodo, it says there's a workaround for Apple blocking access from non 4S units ... Could you test and confirm and get back to us?

http://m.gizmodo.com/5885313/apple-cracks-down-on-unauthorized-siri-usage-and-how-to-fix-it

Saw this on Gizmodo, it says there's a workaround for Apple blocking access from non 4S units ... Could you test and confirm and get back to us?

http://m.gizmodo.com/5885313/apple-cracks-down-on-unauthorized-siri-usage-and-how-to-fix-it

it didn't work on my iPhone 4

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Darthrodney

KJL , I see Siri is back, thanks! Whatever ya did worked! Appreciate the continued work ;)

KJL , I see Siri is back, thanks! Whatever ya did worked! Appreciate the continued work ;)

hmmm, it doesn't work on my iPhone 4, that's why I didn't post

Anyone else get success?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Working for me (maybe its because of the Spire update?)

deano546 wrote: »

I did that, but it still didn't work, the presto it started working again

kjl wrote: »
    deano546 wrote: »

I did that, but it still didn't work, the presto it started working again

Not working for me either and I did the spire update too. How's about refreshing the keys again and we can test.

give it a go now, but very annoying from my side, I have to delete the com.apple.assistant.plist everytime i want to connect.

kjl wrote: »
    give it a go now, but very annoying from my side, I have to delete the com.apple.assistant.plist everytime i want to connect.

Nope. Should I delete that Plist too?

Ats happening now kjl? Are we down forever and should we uninstall spire? It's eating ram and it's for no good reason. I see in other forums that people are still using Siri on non 4s devices and something else about google api??? Anyway just wanna know what's best.

jarvis wrote: »
    Ats happening now kjl? Are we down forever and should we uninstall spire? It's eating ram and it's for no good reason. I see in other forums that people are still using Siri on non 4s devices and something else about google api??? Anyway just wanna know what's best.

It should be working now, try deleteing you plist and trying a command, it will fail but it will gen a new plist, after that you can add the lines of code in from before.

Delete if you want to, that is your business.

Advertisement