Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of setting up a siri proxy server for Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

kjl wrote: »
    fox007 wrote: »
    When I installed the cert on my iPhone 4s siri will not work.I have removed the cert rebooted the iPhone and all is working anyone else have any trouble on the 4s with the cert?

hang on that's not possible, you just installed the cert? you didn't change the dns?

I reboothed twice now and all seems well now.I installed the cert on the iPhone 4s and changed the dns to the default you sent me 64.xxx.xxx.xx but as I say it's working fine now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

I reboothed twice now and all seems well now.I installed the cert on the iPhone 4s and changed the dns to the default you sent me 64.xxx.xxx.xx but as I say it's working fine now

don't worry about the cert, all that does is verify that the server is real. its one hand of a handshake. Does nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

do the keys stay alive after 24 hours kjl?

Video wrote: »
    do the keys stay alive after 24 hours kjl?

yes, and the iphone needs to generate new keys when the old ones expire.

so if i borrowed the 4s keys off my friend would i have to get it back off him again and again and again just to keep siri working for me? :(

• Advertisement

Video wrote: »
    so if i borrowed the 4s keys off my friend would i have to get it back off him again and again and again just to keep siri working for me? :(

no, it would work as long as he used siri

@guil, I had to do a server restart there, should be working now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

@guil, I had to do a server restart there, should be working now.
    ah good, i thought i had edited the plist wrong

works quite well but as someone else said, what way does it learn your voice, will siri get mixed up with each different voice is does it learn each voice on each device

guil wrote: »
    works quite well but as someone else said, what way does it learn your voice, will siri get mixed up with each different voice is does it learn each voice on each device

I would say it is defiantly done server side, I have noticed since I started sharing my key it is picking up less and less of what I say.

• Advertisement

how many users is there on the proxy at the moment, could it have a negative effect on the usefulness of siri

how many users is there on the proxy at the moment, could it have a negative effect on the usefulness of siri

either way its cool and works

Is the server down. I've tried a few times today and keep getting the "I can't help right now" message

Is the server down. I've tried a few times today and keep getting the "I can't help right now" message

as I said, I am out of the country so have no method of validating the key. The only other 4s user is fox, so he will need to perform a command and it will be back up working.

as I said, I am out of the country so have no method of validating the key. The only other 4s user is fox, so he will need to perform a command and it will be back up working.

Sorry lads I didn't receive any Email telling there was updates to this post.What do I need to do?

All up and running now.

so the server seems to be handling 5 ok, I am going to add another 3 users so the first 5 people to like this are in.

as long as they are handy with plist editing.

also they will be added one by one, as multiple people using can slow down the system

OK, I am going to post details of what you have to do to the plist file

open this
    /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.assistant.plist

<key>Accounts</Key>
    <dict>
    <key>123-123-123-123</key>
    <dict>
    [COLOR="Red"] <key>Ace Host</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Assistant Identifier</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Speech Identifier</key>
    <string></string>[/COLOR]

So add the lines in red just under the third <dict> in the file and save, if this is not set up correctly it wont work

After this is changed you will require 2 things from me

1. the server address which you put into the setting->spire
    2. a cert which will validate the server on you phone, you can open the file from an email so I will email both these to you.

to add a 4s, you install the same cert on your 4s and then change your dns under wifi setting to that of the new server

If you know how to edit this plist then hit thanks on kji's post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

so the server seems to be handling 5 ok, I am going to add another 3 users so the first 5 people to like this are in.

also they will be added one by one, as multiple people using can slow down the system
    I've got a iphone 4. Am I able to join the testing or are you looking for only people with 4's?

• Advertisement

TheTechGuy wrote: »

I've got a iphone 4. Am I able to join the testing or are you looking for only people with 4's?

Yes you can join we need people with non 4s devices as Siri is already working on it the 4s is just to get the official code needed for Siri to work.

Kji is out of the country as said above so give him time he will pm you the details needed to proceed.

Just make sure your jailbroke on iOS 5.0.1
    And have ifile on you device

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Yes you can join we need people with non 4s devices as Siri is already working on it the 4s is just to get the official code needed for Siri to work.

Kji is out of the country as said above so give him time he will pm you the details needed to proceed.

Just make sure your jailbroke on iOS 5.0.1
    And have ifile on you device
    Hi fox007, realised that after I posted, must be tired, phones jailbroken and ready to go!

any chance you let me on to test ? i just wanna see if this works good, before i make my own one

im using a ipod touch 4g and have jailbroken and spire installed ready to go

would try on my iphone 3gs but its broken right now :/ sending for repairs soon or else ill just get a 4s if i can afford it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

All installed ready to go....Thanx.

F.Y.I

I will reevaluate the key first thing in the morning,if anyone has any problems stick the questions up here.

I am installing a vpn on the server which should allow me to authenticate with my keys when I am away. Don't have a lot of time at the moment, but will get on it this weekend. Hopefully fox can authenticate it in the mean time.

would still like some more 4s'ers, so please help out if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Bah, think I was the 4th person to thank the post. That's what I get for making a late night coffee!

Owen wrote: »
    Bah, think I was the 4th person to thank the post. That's what I get for making a late night coffee!

PM me you email and I'll let you in

• Advertisement

I am installing a vpn on the server which should allow me to authenticate with my keys when I am away. Don't have a lot of time at the moment, but will get on it this weekend. Hopefully fox can authenticate it in the mean time.

Yep will do no problem!

Advertisement