Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of setting up a siri proxy server for Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Up and running on my iphone 4. i can start telling people its a 4s now!! lol

That issue of siri calling you the wrong name seems to be fixed too.

Edit:Spoke too soon I'm gettimg called james now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

there are a few people trying to use it at the moment, which might explain it being a bit patchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Pretty impressive stuff! It's surreal to see Siri working on a normal iPhone 4.

Ive had to restart the server a few times there, gets stuck when multiple people make requests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I have to say, well done on all the work. I'm not using it (missed the cut!) but so far everyone seems happy with it working.

Just as a matter of interest, how do you get the authentication keys off of a 4s?

antodeco wrote: »
    I have to say, well done on all the work. I'm not using it (missed the cut!) but so far everyone seems happy with it working.

Just as a matter of interest, how do you get the authentication keys off of a 4s?

You download and install a cert which verify the server, then you change the dns address of the phone to the server location, this then intercepts all your siri traffic and grabs the keys. The keys the automatically get stored on the server, however they expire after a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

cant seem to get it working :( i installed the cert edited the file and entered the correct ip in spire but all im getting is "im really sorry about this" every 2 mins ,

this was my plist file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"&gt;
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>Session Language</key>
    <string>en-US</string>
    </dict>
    <key>Ace Host</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Assistant Identifier</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Speech Identifier</key>
    <string></string>
    </plist>

have in entered it wrong :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Video wrote: »
    cant seem to get it working :( i installed the cert edited the file and entered the correct ip in spire but all im getting is "im really sorry about this" every 2 mins ,

this was my plist file

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">;
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <string>en-US</string>
    </dict>
    <key>Ace Host</key>
    <string></string>
    <string></string>
    <string></string>
    </plist>

The key might have needing updating try it now as I generated a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

this was my plist file

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">;
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <string>en-US</string>
    </dict>
    <key>Ace Host</key>
    <string></string>
    <string></string>
    <string></string>
    </plist>

Looks like the cert isn't installed. Go to settings>general and it should say profile at the bottom just above reset. If it is there remove it and re install. I think the plist needs to be edited before you install the cert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Now Siri seems to check my phone book for my number if I ask any questions about me. It's also calling me "me" as that's what I had my number saved as

Ask what is the meaning of life ha. This is really good and unstandardised me very well even though I have a cold

guil wrote: »
    Ask what is the meaning of life ha. This is really good and unstandardised me very well even though I have a cold
    Haha did that last night, yeah he has a sense of humour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Ask where can you hide a body.

How are the new user getting on?Don't for get to post the good and bad back here new key will be on line from 8am!

fox007 wrote: »
    How are the new user getting on?Don't for get to post the good and bad back here new key will be on line from 8am!
    Been testing it on and off all day and only got one "I can't take any questions now" response. All good so far

@Video, did you get it working?

The server seems to be handling the load OK, anyone else want access?

i still cant get it working ill try it on my 3gs in a while i just got it fixed so ill do a fresh install

can someone post there full working assistant plist because im not sure if i have it right or not and that could be the problem

cheers,
    rob

ps. is it ok if i install on my 3gs too?

i still cant get it working ill try it on my 3gs in a while i just got it fixed so ill do a fresh install

can someone post there full working assistant plist because im not sure if i have it right or not and that could be the problem

cheers,
    rob

OK, I just had a look at your plist you posted there. There is something wrong with it. remove the three entries and respring.

Then add the cert, and the server to spire and perform one siri command(it will fail). When you do this the plist will change and add in a key. When it does this enter the 3 entries under the third <dict>

Can I have access? :)

got it working because of that thanks very much mate, it is working VERY well!!

just wondering if you plan to keep this server up and running?

Thanks Again :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 saparra

Is it possible for me to get in on this testing for iphone 4..........I have Siri (Spire) installed on my iphone 4, everything works well and now all i need is the proxy server to access / use siri....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I've got a 3GS with spire on it, Could I get access if possible? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd like access too if possible :) using a ip4

Kji can we one or two more 4s users who want Siri on iPad 1 /iphone etc on first before you let more people on to the one cert?

fox007 wrote: »
    Kji can we one or two more 4s users who want Siri on iPad 1 /iphone etc on first before you let more people on to the one cert?

there is only 8 on the server now, this is more of a test server anyway so would be nice to see the limit, have heard somewhere that 30 is a decent number.

Plus I own 2 4s devices so will add more keys to the pool when I get the VPN set up.

Any chance I can get setup on the server please? Thanks

Ill join in too, i have a iP4 and can edit plist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Just on a side note, I've spent part of the morning reading into how to set these up and run them, Was just wondering is there any potential risk for your iPhone 4S keys getting blocked for making too many requests?

Siri cannot take request anyone else have trouble?
    All is fine on my 4s

• Advertisement

well, from looking at the server it looks like the keys have expired, are you sure you are still using the correct dns? It wont work if you change your router etc

Advertisement