Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of setting up a siri proxy server for Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

anyway, i am on the aircoach back home now so will try and sort it all out this weekend with the vpn and all, this way I can maintain it better.

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Just on a side note, I've spent part of the morning reading into how to set these up and run them, Was just wondering is there any potential risk for your iPhone 4S keys getting blocked for making too many requests?

there have been rumours of this, but they are just that anyone that thought they were blocked were able to reconnect after 30 min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Funny you should say that I have changed location but I entered the dns to both my iPad and 4s also I have just being using Siri on the 4s do a new key would of generated

When I got home I connected with my 4s and it worked fine. Server running again

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

i cant wait till they updated siri so it can do anything,its kind of annoying the way it cant even open apps for you ... the least they could do is add in a twitter feature to siri , seening as apple now comes with twitter automatically on the new ios firmware :(

this thing has unbelievable potential, apple just have to make it work with anything you say

im still happy though :D haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

Great work, keep it going.

I've an iPhone 4 and would be happy to do some testing if needed. Cheers.

When using Siri on my iPad the spring board keeps restarting in safe mode?

Good news everyone, I have set up the VPN and it work perfectly. This means between me and fox we can keep the server going.

As for new people, I am only going to let in people who are major contributes to the forum, so minimum post count of 500, this is to prevent people finding this thread and joining for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Woohoo! I knew having no life (my post count!) would come in handy one day! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

antodeco wrote: »
    Woohoo! I knew having no life (my post count!) would come in handy one day! :D

LOL Love it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

this is a terrible sad day, my iphone has to go back to apple
    i was having trouble with the mic only when recording a video or using the like of facetime so set up a repair and got the box the other day, today though the earpiece has stopped working all together, i'm raging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Yay :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Airsofter101

Im not sure about the others but if you could get something up and running with some sort of instructions or the like for the iPhone 4, I would definitely be interested in funding this "project" e.g. money through PayPal etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 saparra

Ditto on last comment about funding this project.... I'm willing to contribute to get Siri going on my iPhone 4.......u guys rock!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

ok ok ... its not all about post count.. I have like 23 feedback on my adverts

thats gotta count right? :) also would be def interested in gettin siri on my iphone 4, have spire installed but just need the proxy! if anyone comes across a working one!

adding plug ins to the server now, try asking "should i see" and a movie name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

kjl wrote: »
    adding plug ins to the server now, try asking "should i see" and a movie name.

Working well, just threw a few movies at it there.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

i'd help testing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Is there a proxy server up an running and available right now? Jail broke my phone and installed spire, but restored it during the week as I was getting pissed off trying various proxies that never worked.

I'd jb again if I thought I could try out Siri thru spire, even if it only worked for a few days. I'm in the middle I trying to decide will I or won't I upgrade my 4 to a 4s, and trying out siri Wouk help me decide.

Is there a proxy server up an running and available right now? Jail broke my phone and installed spire, but restored it during the week as I was getting pissed off trying various proxies that never worked.

I'd jb again if I thought I could try out Siri thru spire, even if it only worked for a few days. I'm in the middle I trying to decide will I or won't I upgrade my 4 to a 4s, and trying out siri Wouk help me decide.

Yes there is about 20 ish people here with Siri working great on the the iPad 1 iPhone 4 etc etc! As the op said he will add more people to the server if you have more than 500 post

• Advertisement

Well I don't have more than 500 posts, but I did start a thread that has had 474 replies and almost 27,000 views, if that counts for anything?

fox007 wrote: »
    When using Siri on my iPad the spring board keeps restarting in safe mode?

That happened to me on my 4 while it was jb too. Not sure if it's a spire issue or a general jb issue.

guil wrote: »
    this is a terrible sad day, my iphone has to go back to apple
    i was having trouble with the mic only when recording a video or using the like of facetime so set up a repair and got the box the other day, today though the earpiece has stopped working all together, i'm raging

I had a broken mic on mine a few months back too. The repair (usually a replacement actually) is really quick. I got a replacement phone back 6 days after sending my old on away, and that 6 days included a bank holiday weekend. A pain in the arse, but apple servicing is excellent.

is the server down again?

Video wrote: »

Try it now the key might need updating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Video wrote: »

Working ok but the "should I watch" tweak is down..

But "should I see" is ok....:DTwat

it's back now,

The server is starting to get a little hammered, I might have to upgrade it soon. I've decided to not charge for this service, but instead take donations to cover server cost.

The one I am looking at costs about $19 a month and would like to get the yearly rate.

Also, I am working on a yelp plugin, this would allow you to ask things like
    "where can i get pizza" and it will show you pizza places near you instead of say, "Sorry James, I can only look for businesses in the United States, and when you're using U.S English"

yeah im starting to notice its giving me a lot more "i cant take and requests" errors than it did 2 days ago and a lot of the time i have to say something 2-3 times for it to work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

What sort of server are you using and what bandwidth does it require? I might be able to share you server space, depending on how much resources it pulls

Advertisement