Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of setting up a siri proxy server for Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I sent you a PM there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

the IMDB plugin is having issues causing the server to crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

If you'd like help with plugins I'll happily help out after January, as I'm a bit busy till the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hi,...think I meet the post requirements ;)
    currently have an ip4 (5.0.1 jb)

Got it setup on my iP4 last night, was surprisingly straight forward.

Really cool to see Siri running on the iP4. Great work kjl

Will give it a thorough testing today. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Are you letting anymore on to test it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I'm up for testing. ip4 on ios5.01

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

I'd like to test, if I make the cut :)

I'll throw down my name for testing/using 3Gs iOS 5.0.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Is it down now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I would love to get in on testing this for iPhone 4 JB on iOS 5.0.1 I have a substantial post count on this forum to be considered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Thanks to the OP for letting me in on this trial.

It was working fine for me today up until around 4pm. I have tried pinging the server which shows that it is online. It isn't working on 3g or Wifi at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

swingking wrote: »
    Thanks to the OP for letting me in on this trial.

It was working fine for me today up until around 4pm. I have tried pinging the server which shows that it is online. It isn't working on 3g or Wifi at the moment.

Op might be updating something on his end as Siri is not working on my 4s over wifi but is fine on 3G.
    Is anyone else having issues? please bear in mind this is beta testing and everyone needs to be telling of any problems that's why were here!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

it seems to go down at least once every day is this due to working on it ?

Aaahrghh! :( How is everyone being given access and I'm still asking? :(

antodeco wrote: »
    Aaahrghh! :( How is everyone being given access and I'm still asking? :(

As am I, Since about a week ago too.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

pretty sure the server is at full capacity right now as the op said he is probably upgrading it

Video wrote: »
    pretty sure the server is at full capacity right now as the op said he is probably upgrading it

Ah I know, it's just 3 people who asked significantly after me have been added, and I haven't. I was just wondering was there a process, or am I just being unlucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Jackattack

maye if I gave a donation, could i join the server?

server is up again, seems like the IMDB plugin is causing it to crash. Maybe stop using that.

You guys have to understand, I am in work during the day and they don't allow ssh access outside of the company where I work, so it's hard to restart if there are any issues.

@Ricky91t and antodeco
    You guys never pm'ed me you email address which is step one.

• Advertisement

Have it all working now. Thanks a mill for that.

No real issues. Calls me by name 99.9% of the time. Knows the weather for here and was able to make a call for me. Asked it "knock knock" and "do you know any jokes?". She answered both for me no problem.

antodeco wrote: »
    Have it all working now. Thanks a mill for that.

No real issues. Calls me by name 99.9% of the time. Knows the weather for here and was able to make a call for me. Asked it "knock knock" and "do you know any jokes?". She answered both for me no problem.

along with "do you have a boyfriend" ;)

Trying to find out funny responses!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mossie27

Any chance of being added, I have an iPhone 4 running 5.0.1 with Spire installed.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Foley1Kanobi

Awesome, that its working. Is there any chance i can get in on this siri server goodness? :)

Ok I've just set it up there, I found this was the easiest way.

Follow the instructions in the email, once you get to the plist step restart your device(just a normal off then on). My plist file was incomplete until I restarted.

Then download iFile(from Cydia) navigate to the correct .plist and you can just edit it directly from the device, close iFile and you should be up and running.

Thanks kjl I look forward to testing this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

I forgot to post when this topic was started, could i help out testing when you start letting more people onto the server?

Guys, If you don't have 500 posts, Please don't PM me asking for the server details. Please remember this server is only a beta test, when the main server is up and running I will let everyone in for FREE. I will only ask for donations.

I will probably prioritise those who make donation on getting set up on new server.

ok, server down atm,

Ill fix it when I get back to hotel. Going to remove the IMDB plugin because it wasn't crashing before I installed that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Can I have access? iPhone 4 here. Will send PM.

Advertisement