Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of setting up a siri proxy server for Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

kjl wrote: »
    I think I have a new system running, this should balance the server load a little, the only difference is that it will require you to change your port number.

I will need some people to test it, I need 10 people who are already signed up to change their port to 440

this is a simple change, just add :440 to the end of the address in the spire settings.

if you change your port please like this comment, if there are 10 like there is no need to change it again.

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Foley1Kanobi

If i donate will i be granted access??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

If i donate will i be granted access??

It would have to be your next born ;)

Carpenter wrote: »
    It would have to be your next born ;)

lol, Fair enough, so long as i get Siri working on the 3GS... Ha ha ha, I think the site might be down though, once i try and click the "free" button i takes me to a broken link. :/

lol, Fair enough, so long as i get Siri working on the 3GS... Ha ha ha, I think the site might be down though, once i try and click the "free" button i takes me to a broken link. :/

You are automatically barred for posting in blue and centered.

Working good on port 440 here.

• Advertisement

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

@foley

yes, once you donate you will be given access to the server

Ok, Is the site running now then?

I am currently adding new donators to the test server and on monday I will be closing that down and launching the main server.

Done, May i have access now..? :)

• Advertisement

check you email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Just donated a few € hope is enough, last few digits of transaction are ........818354D, if you can send me the info :D

For the plist is it only adding the lines in red? leaving the text in blue as it's?

<key>Ace Host</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Assistant Identifier</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Speech Identifier</key>
    <string></string>

<key>Hostname</key>
    <string>https://guzzoni.apple.com</string>
    <key>Validation Expiration</key>
    <date>2012-01-01T18:43:21Z</date>

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TommyQ

Just donated. How do I go about getting access now. I've edited my plist file already.

Heres the last few details of my donation reference number : 99872W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Will you be adding back in the plugins at some stage?

BTW I didn't do anything to my plist fine and it works fine...

gpf101 wrote: »
    Will you be adding back in the plugins at some stage?

BTW I didn't do anything to my plist fine and it works fine...

Yeah, on some specific configs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Cool, I'm up and running but don't have any plugins working so it might be something for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭V4

Hi

Just made a donation, can't wait to try this baby out. :D

Regards
    V4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Just donated end of ref=VR839741L. Well done on this.

Now what?

check your email jarvis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Hey looking forward to trying this out. Just donated end of ref = V765184R.

Ill keep an eye on my email for the details

• Advertisement

There seems to be a few new people who from the look of it haven't changed their plist properly.

I recommend taking out the three elements, then try and make a request then add them again.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

James, would you prefer money straight away, or later down the line so you know you have income coming in?

Well, I am going to close down the test server on Monday, unfortunately it has to be done in order to use the multi server I have set up, the plan is to have an admin server where I can verify the keys, then have different servers running on different ports similar to 440 server you are currently using.

The plan is to have one general server for the public

and smaller servers for donators, but I am going to prioritize connections to the people who donate until I get enough to host the server properly the open it up to the public.

kjl wrote: »
    There seems to be a few new people who from the look of it haven't changed their plist properly.

I recommend taking out the three elements, then try and make a request then add them again.

hi kjl

I donated and set up tonight and I'm convinced I set up the plist correctly via ifile copy and paste. however when I try use siri, i get the UI but it listens and stops listening within a second and I get no response (so, I hear the start sound and the end sound straight away).
    If I switch to safe mode it does the same thing but the siri guy says he cannot connect blah blah blah.
    I'm a little hesitant to do anything else to the plist before I know what I should do, if you get me.

The plist looks completely different from how it did originally but the 3 entries you supplied aren't there any more. Can I delete everything below the third dict and jusr copy the 3 entyries in without the text that was originally there????
    Is it possible to get you to upload a plist so I can just replace my current one???

OR

Is there just some server issue that I need to wait out?

J

Hi Jarvis,

it sounds like your plist is broken,

if the three keys are gone, put them back again after the 3rd <dict>

if you want you can email me a copy of the text and ill send you back the corrected one.

I restored my phone and started again but installed spire before reinstalling all my apps and the crashing apps problem has gone. I edited the plist after the 3rd dict ignoring everything written below that point and it worked perfectly.
    It's working really well at the minute but randomly it'll listen and then think about it infinitely. If I reboot at that point it works flawlessly again. Is anyone else getting this? Thanks kjl, out of interest how many are in this test server now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

i think siri is cool but for me the novelty would wear off after a while, who here will honestly use it other than for messing around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Darthrodney

25Euro Donation made today, I'm looking forward to your email and giving this a go.
    Running an iPhone4, on IOS 5.0.1 and Spire is installed.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

hi kjl donated €10 there end of ref no is J743350V

thanks

• Advertisement

I have sent the info to you guys, just so you guys know, I am about to step onto a plane for 18 hours so will be out of contact for a while. I should be landing at around 8am tomorrow and in hotel by about 9

I will fix any issues and connect any donators then

Advertisement