Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of setting up a siri proxy server for Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

got it working first time she said she cant help me right now, 2nd time i asked her who will win australian open she responded with ' i dont see a linda strail in you address book' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Stopped working for me within the last hour and just responds that he cannot connect right now. Anyone else able to connect??

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭V4

jarvis wrote: »
    Stopped working for me within the last hour and just responds that he cannot connect right now. Anyone else able to connect??

Same for me Jarvis :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TommyQ

V4 wrote: »

Yeah the same thing happened earlier. Server must have crashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Hi

I donated 10 euro with reference number ending in 499213D. I think that you fully deserve all the donations because this is a fantastic product you have produced

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

swingking wrote: »
    Hi

I donated 10 euro with reference number ending in 499213D. I think that you fully deserve all the donations because this is a fantastic product you have produced
    Just to clarify he hasn't produced a product, he is providing a service(proxy server to be exact).
    Spire(siri installer for iPhone/iPod was not produced by him)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

TommyQ wrote: »

Try it now lads might have needing a new key generated let me know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

fox007 wrote: »

Try it now lads might have needing a new key generated let me know

It's still not working fox007 it won't even listen to a command it just beeps twice and says sorry there seems to be a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

it should be back up now, sorry I am in Johannesburg at and was flying here the last day or so, fox won't be able to authenticate the server any more due to the port change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Yep it's working again. Thanks James

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Donation Made

End in 9954610

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Hi kjl, are we still on test servers? Ad if so when will we move? I want to check out the defference in performance on the normal server.
    I'm getting called a lot if wrong names ie James Stephen and mark but as soon as he calls me one of them I ask him who I am and he says the right name. Would this be completely eliminated on the top plan?

The Server is not responding again. I assume its to do with it needing a new Key generated. When are you planning on rolling us to the Live Servers.

Yeah not connecting for me either.

Another quick question kjl. For the top dedicated server option will you be doing any type of special so I can share that with another person? Would like to get this for my wife but don't think she'd use it enough to justify paying agin for top level but if there was a cheaper option to have her on my one for when I upgrade I'd probably be interested!

The Server is not responding again. I assume its to do with it needing a new Key generated. When are you planning on rolling us to the Live Servers.

hey, yeah at the moment I need to enter the keys manually, when the main server is up I can link it to my vpn so can do it automatically, I should have it set up with new certs and addresses tonight.

@jarvis

if you get your own server you can do what you want with it, but it still may call you james from time to time.

look out for a new email tonight

Great news. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

not meaning to sound like the bearer of bad news etc but, what does kji plan to do when apple get wind of this and order the servers to be shut down

the bigger it gets the quicker they will find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Not working for me.

ok guys, the new servers are up and running and all the details have been sent to your emails

Thanks again for all your donations

KJL

• Advertisement

kjl wrote: »
    ok guys, the new servers are up and running and all the details have been sent to your emails

Thanks again for all your donations

KJL

Thanks, got my email but I've entered the server address, installed the new profile, deleted the old profile and rebooted but it's still down, do I need to wait a specific amount of time? Or do I need to make new changes to the plist?

Mine is down on the new server too.

sorry guys, few teething issues,

jarvis set the 5 in your address to 0 tested it there, should be up and running

ok, it cost me about €10 in roaming charges to check, but the should all be up and running now.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

are you still taking donations?? i just have to wait till i get paid :/

No joy here, still saying can't take requests at this time. Was working on the test server and all i did was installed the new cert and changed the address so i don't think the plist is an issue.

If your away don't worry about it no rush you can give me a shout when you get back.

kjl wrote: »
    sorry guys, few teething issues,

jarvis set the 5 in your address to 0 tested it there, should be up and running

Mr kjl, you are a legend. Changing to 0 made it work. I was getting about 50% success but then rebooted and voila.

Thank you very much indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Darthrodney

Wont work for me either ...

Removed old cert, installed new cert.
    Changed Siri proxy address in Spire and rebooted phone.
    Attempted a Siri request numerous times and get instantaneous "end" tone right after the initial tone.

Checked plist and still have the same plist as I previously emailed you with issues, i.e. doesn't match with the plist in the email after the initial €25 donation. See my pasted plist below. So I'm reluctant to edit anything when it doesn't match what the email said I should see ...

Please help.
    Dave (iPhone 4, running ios5.0.1)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"&gt;
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
      <key>Session Language</key>
      <string>en-US</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

not working here either, wasnt working before update so no difference

• Advertisement

OK think I got to the bottom of my issue. Put an s after the http

I think it should be https:// not http://