Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Links don't turn into URLs on Touch

Options
  • 28-12-2011 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have this problem?

Anyone know how it can be overcome?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Moved from Help Desk.

When you say your iPhone, I assume you mean the Touch site (touch.boards.ie). I've just tested this myself and can confirm; You're not getting options to enable parsing URLs from the post but it's not defaulting to on either.

I've also just noticed signatures are also not turned on by default.

Bug reports filed.

Changed to a feature suggestion, because the functionality needs to be wrote on the touch UI side; I can't bugfix code that hasn't been written yet :D

However, signatures will now display on posts made using touch if you have a signature set. That was a bug, and has been squashed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

so when I paste links from an iphone they'll hyperlink from hereon??

so when I paste links from an iphone they'll hyperlink from hereon??

Nope, I'm afraid not.

What I thought was happening was Touch had this auto-hyperlink functionality already and it was broken - therefore I marked this as a bug report.

What is actually happening is Touch does not have auto-hyperlink functionality yet, and so I marked this thread as a feature suggestion.

However, as a side effect of some investigation into this I found a real bug, that signatures were not being displayed on posts made from touch. And I squashed that bug :)

I've still got an "issue" open for auto-hyperlinking URLs on touch, but since it's not a bug it'll have to be slotted into the development timeline somewhere when we get some free time, so I'm afraid it won't be resolved until we're back in the swing of things in 2012.

Post a URL on touch without URL tags and it'll be converted just like it is on the full site.

Coming soon to a mobile device near you once we roll out some changes in the next few minutes ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Post a URL on touch without URL tags and it'll be converted just like it is on the full site.

Coming soon to a mobile device near you once we roll out some changes in the next few minutes ;)

Like this?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056496861

Yippee - it works !!! ;-)

THANKS GUYS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement