Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

email on ipad

• 28-12-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

hello to all,
    I have had a visit from santa delivering an ipad,delighted but i cannot get my email to work'
    I have an eircom.net email address,I use vodafone as my service provider.
    On setting up the a/c I can recieve mail ,but cannot send.
    I have tried mail.vodafone.ie as the outgoing smtp server but to no avail.
    anybody on here to help a frustrated guy to sort this out?
    T.i.a.
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I'm sure the settings are here on the forum, have a look through the search bar, you should get sorted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

For VF as your home WiFi you need

mail.vodafone.ie
    Ssl - off
    No authentication
    Port 587

That should do it, unless your using a 3G iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 prf

it is a 3gmodel,but i dont have a sim installed.i am using it in wi-fi mode. i cant get it to send using any of the settings.I cant turn off the password authentication.Incoming mail is ok.I have followed the vodafone instructions for both a webmail a/c and a pop3 a/c.
    I did notice on the vodafone site that it needs apn settings which are not available on my setup?The cellular data tab is greyed out as no sim is inserted.Surely I should be able to send mail when connected to my home wi-fi.?.Thanks for the help.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

prf wrote: »
    I did notice on the vodafone site that it needs apn settings which are not available on my setup?The cellular data tab is greyed out as no sim is inserted.Surely I should be able to send mail when connected to my home wi-fi.?.Thanks for the help.:confused:

Yes, you should be able to send mail. The apn is only when you have a SIM card installed.

The problem is your outgoing server. When you use the likes of VF, they insist on you using their server (as opposed to eircom). So double-check all settings in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 prf

Thanks Tom/:confused:
    I have followed the instructions on vodafone site,but I cannot turn off password authentication.Every thing else is as on the vod site,any ideas?.

• Advertisement
Advertisement