Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Charter Buses

Options
  • 28-12-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Has anyone any idea how much it costs to charter a bus from Dublin to Cork (one-way)?

I will call companies tomorrow but need rough estimates. I am guessing around €500 for a 50 seater and €600 for a 70 seater.

I know that might sound a bit low but I reckon they are cheaper now because bus companies that served corporate clients and group trips are probably over capacity.

Anyone any idea?

P.S. This is research for a business

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You really need to sit down with one of the coach companies, explain what your anticipated volumes would be and see if you can find a way to work with them. It's not just a matter of a quote. If you are bringing regular business you will get much better rates. If you are really in a position to be able to bring business to coach companies, and you can convince them you are credible, then you are about to make a lot of new best friends.

Would you not consider putting these people on a scheduled coach? This is what some of the touring companies do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Has anyone any idea how much it costs to charter a bus from Dublin to Cork (one-way)?

I will call companies tomorrow but need rough estimates. I am guessing around €500 for a 50 seater and €600 for a 70 seater.

I know that might sound a bit low but I reckon they are cheaper now because bus companies that served corporate clients and group trips are probably over capacity.

Anyone any idea?

P.S. This is research for a business

We used to pay €400 for a trip of about 120 km (and I see Google Maps says Cork is 255km), although that included waiting 6 hours and the return trip.

If I recall correctly it was only about €50 cheaper for one way. Thats a over 5 years ago, when diesel was a lot cheaper, and was a very low rate in comparison to 4-5 other companies in the region, and was for occasional trips (irregular).

I know that a Corporate customer was paying over that (€500) for essentially a days (6-8hrs, Dublin area) coach use two years ago, and they would have been easily hiring 50-60 coach days a year.

It would be interesting if you could report back your findings.

Advertisement