Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card upgrade

Options
  • 28-12-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Looking to get a graphics card that would let me play games on medium-low settings but with decent framerate and draw distance. Specicifically I'm looking to play Saints Row 3 and Skyrim, but I'd considering spending a little more to let me play games decently on it for a while longer.

Current specs are:
    CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 "Boxed" 95W, Sockel AM3
    RAM: 8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9
    Motherboard: ASRock 760GM-GS3, Sockel AM3, mATX
    PSU: Antec BasiQ VP450

Motherboard has a built in ATI Radeon 3000.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

What's your budget? Also is it a mATX case? Not sure if space will be a problem there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DDA Donn

My case is Xigmatek Asgard, ATX, ohne Netzteil, schwarz.

For budget I really don't have a specific range, I've plenty of money but really don't have much concept of the value of graphics cards and don't want to spend much more than is necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ciaran219

amd radeon 6950 im getting this one next week for mine. i have the 6550 at the minute and no where near as powerfull. think its 240 for it on komplett and dabs.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

conzymaher wrote: »
    The AMD website lists it's requirement as a 500W or greater power supply, mine is only 450W. Would the 6770 (requirement 450W or greater) do the job well enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

DDA Donn wrote: »
    The AMD website lists it's requirement as a 500W or greater power supply, mine is only 450W. Would the 6770 (requirement 450W or greater) do the job well enough?

i have 6870 running in my old dell xps 420, it has 375w PSU.

i have 6870 running in my old dell xps 420, it has 375w PSU.
    That's odd then, thanks. I guess I'll go with that one.

Advertisement