Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend the BEST non stick frying pan to buy

Options
  • 28-12-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, and Happy New Year.

Now down to basics, I need two new frypans. A small one and a large one. Good, solid, and totally non stick too!

So what would you recommend? I have 70 euro to spend... (Chrimbo money) so help me. Could I get two good ones for that price do you think? I could go a bit more for the best, but need your advice on brands etc.

Am in Dublin BTW, and Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I have circulon pans and I love them. They feel solid and they last for years. They also never seem to scratch or warp! Since buying them I have seen them on many cooking shows so they must be fairly good.

I got a set of 5 pots and pans for £125 years ago, but have seen them sold seperately in Debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Circulon frying pans get my vote too.
    I picked a large and a small one up in TKMax about 6 months ago.
    They're wearing very well - feels like they'll last a lifetime.

Some of the cheaper non stick pans can be quite good too but you'll only ever get a couple of years out of them - if going that route pick a heavier pan as the light, really cheap ones are useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

I too reccomend the circulon pans ,they wear very well. Also picked up a very heavy based one in Ikea which is terrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hi folks, you sold me on the "Circulon"!

Got the 24cm (the size I use most often for omelettes etc.) reduced from 52.95 to 37.99 in Arnotts sale. YEY! It's great, got lovely deep sides and stainless steell exterior and all the titanium non stick food release system. It's also safe in the oven to 180d which is fantastic for finishing off Spanish omelettes, and lots of other things too.

I looked at the 30cm Circulon, which is the bigger size I need, but quite honestly, I thought it weighed a ton, and could see myself staggering trying to take it off the cooker! It was too heavy full stop.

So I will look around for something a big lighter in a few days. I saw a Stellar brand 30cm half price from 48E down to 25E. I would only use the big pan about 4 or 5 times a year when the whole family is here and need a big fry up! I like the feel of it and the weight, so I might go for that. The cooking surface on the 30 Stellar is HUGE too, which is what I want.

I'll let you know how I get on in due course, and thanks for all your advice. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement