Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost receipt

Options
  • 28-12-2011 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi
    I bought my dad a jumper in m&s but its wrong size and cant find receipt or gift receipt can I still return it and get different size

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you buy it via card or cash? If you paid by card, then print out a recent statement and that will do as proof of purchase.

Otherwise, you can try bringing it back to the store, assuming tags are still attached. But there is no guarantee of any success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Keary1979

dudara wrote: »
    Did you buy it via card or cash? If you paid by card, then print out a recent statement and that will do as proof of purchase.

Otherwise, you can try bringing it back to the store, assuming tags are still attached. But thekire is no guarantee of any success.
    It was laser il get that up thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

normally even without the receipt you should be able to do an exchange once they have the exact same one in stock, and your one stil has all the tags on, but don't quote me on it.

otherwise it should be a credit voucher at the current selling price, which if it's in the sales might be less than what your dad paid.

best thing to do is ring them first, they'll clarify the exact policy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I have returned things there without a receipt. You get the value of the item on the day of the return rather than the day you bought it. This is given back to you in the form of a credit note.

They may allow you do a direct swap for a different size.

Advertisement