Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peasant buys a Sunday watch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭flutered

a good solid vintage watch, it has the same durability as a sekio 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The watch arrived today

Absolutely gorgeous little thing, hardly a mark on it, beautiful, much nicer than the pics with a lovely textured dial.

Except it's broken. It was "packed" between two sheets of cardboard in a little padded envelope ...the crystal has detached and the movement is a non-runner.

Why can't sellers pack their watches properly?

This is my third one now that arrived broken, but in this case it really hurts ...such a nice watch.

Sorry ...had to vent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Fantastic looking piece for a plastic watch price. The guy who sent it to you must have been an idiot to pack it that way.

Well ...he'll be getting it back in exactly the same packaging :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

No chance of repair P? :(

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Naaah ...not on a 30 Euro watch with a caliber where parts are hard/impossible to get for.

Might end up costing 10 times as much and still not work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

peasant wrote: »
    Naaah ...not on a 30 Euro watch with a caliber where parts are hard/impossible to get for.

Might end up costing 10 times as much and still not work

Any chance you could pick up a cheap doner movement and try and fix it ?

You have nothing to lose having a go yourself, seeing as it's already focked !

I have come to the painful realisation that I have zero talent as a watchmaker ...opening a caseback and pushing a regulator is all I can manage without doing major damage ...so no ...fixing it myself is not an option :D

Also the watch is very small, was described as being 35 mm but is only 33 (at most) and really looks tiny on my wrist. So I'd hardly wear it anyway.

It's currently packed and awaiting postage tomorrow ...lest I get too attached and end up sinking money into it and balls it up anyway.

One has to be realistic every now and then ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 yermano

sorry for your loss hope you get your money back without to much hassel

Advertisement