Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asus transformer prime

Options
  • 28-12-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

So Im thinking of getting this when it comes out but Im wondering if it will be any use for college work like like editing doc. and uploading assignments and such.
    Can anyone with the original transformer give me a bit of advice. I want it over a laptop because of the portability and battery life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

keithb93 wrote: »
    So Im thinking of getting this when it comes out but Im wondering if it will be any use for college work like like editing doc. and uploading assignments and such.
    Can anyone with the original transformer give me a bit of advice. I want it over a laptop because of the portability and battery life.

My brother has the original transformer. *VERY* neat little gadget, battery live is ~16 hours. 8 from the tablet part of it and the power is then augmented by a further 8 hours or thereabouts. I was impressed by it and more so than an iPad. try to get a hands on demo of it if it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 devilshalo

keithb93 wrote: »

Just to let you know apparently there are big wifi and GPS issues with the TF201 - just google it. Asus have made a new model to deal with these issues - Transformer Prime,TF700T. Available Q2 (in US). In UK/Ireland-?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

devilshalo wrote: »
    Just to let you know apparently there are big wifi and GPS issues with the TF201 - just google it. Asus have made a new model to deal with these issues - Transformer Prime,TF700T. Available Q2 (in US). In UK/Ireland-?

True, i was thinking of getting one of these but i might hold back now that they revealed the tf700 at the CES.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 devilshalo

Eoin247 wrote: »
    True, i was thinking of getting one of these but i might hold back now that they revealed the tf700 at the CES.

Any idea on when it'll come on the market here? Had almost bought the TF201 when I read about the Wifi issue:eek:

devilshalo wrote: »
    Any idea on when it'll come on the market here? Had almost bought the TF201 when I read about the Wifi issue:eek:

Wifi issue is apparently fixed for all new devices. Also from what i heard you wont see a new 700 series until June. Too long a wait for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭liko

Lets wait till all the bad ones are sold out. I'm holding off with the purchase for about month and will see what happens :)

They are sold out/haven't arrived yet everywhere in Ireland anyway.:L

Swaying closer and closer to getting one of these bad boys instead of the ipad 3.

Advertisement