Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physio course for sports injurys

Options
  • 28-12-2011 10:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28

I am considering becoming a sports physio and wondering what is the best course to do. I have been looking into the 4-year physiotherapy undergrad courses but wonder would these be the right choice as they take every aspect of physiotherapy into consideration. I am only interested in the sports injury/rehabilation aspect.

There is a 4-year degree course in carlow: Sports Rehabilitation & Athletic Therapy which seems to just concentate on sports injurys. Has anyone any experience of this? Did you get a job from it? If so, what kind of job?

My main worry if I did a course like this would be that is would not be recognised as well as a full physiotherapy course. I suppose my ultimate goal would be to own my own sports injury clinic or work with a premiership team as a sports physio. Would a course like that in Carlow be enough?

Comments

Advertisement