Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Magnet broadband - up to 24mb service that is a repackaged Eircom product

• 28-12-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am after signing up to Magnet's 24mb service that I believe is essentially a repackaged Eircom product. I am based in Sandyford Village and currently have IBB's 3mb service.

I game quite a bit and am happy with the IBB service from that perspective but the download speeds are starting to piss me off.

Does anyone have experience with their products and, if so, what are they like?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

Eircom bitstream is 8mb at most, so the 24mb packages from Magnet should be their LLU offerings (ie. no relation to any part of the Eircom broadband network or equipment).

If you are a gamer you could also opt for Magnet's Bolt package for an individually tuned line (lowest possible interleaving etc for prioritising lower pings over higher throughput etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Hi Guys,

I am after signing up to Magnet's 24mb service that I believe is essentially a repackaged Eircom product. I am based in Sandyford Village and currently have IBB's 3mb service.

I game quite a bit and am happy with the IBB service from that perspective but the download speeds are starting to piss me off.

Does anyone have experience with their products and, if so, what are they like?

Cheers.

I previously had the 10MB product (on fibre now) and it was rock solid - generally always 9.5 - 10MB. I'm probably closer to the exchange (presuming you're on the Sandyford one) than you are so there may be some drop off in speeds for you.

As JNive said its not the eircom package at all, they've their own equipment in the exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Excellent news lads, thanks :)

Advertisement