Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funky Box, Arklow.

• 28-12-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

New nightclub opened where Rascal's/Oscar's used to be. Was in there on St. Stephen's night, nicely surprised by the feel of the place.

At least it's something different from Sally O'Brien's every time. Anyone else checked it out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Was there Friday night.. Didn't stay long, we were on a bit of a pub crawl :D It was ok i thought, but didn't really have time to have a good look round and it was early enough so not a lot of people in.....

Was it packed on Stephen's night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I thought it wasn't until I went upstairs! Jammers up there but a grand bit of room downstairs. Also not as loud down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Planning on going here tonight. When it was open last, it was full of scummers, is it still the same? I was told they have an over 21's policy, do they enforce this?

My first night out this christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I was told they have an over 21's policy, do they enforce this?
    pfft, We were some of the only ones older than 18, never mind 21.

When i was in it, it was fairly empty and we didn't stay long.. don't remember seeing any youngsters in it though.....

• Advertisement

And to answer PF there, in this day and age, they aren't gonna turn business away...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Planning on going here tonight. When it was open last, it was full of scummers, is it still the same? I was told they have an over 21's policy, do they enforce this?

My first night out this christmas!

It's definitely different around this time. I saw quite a few lads being turned away at the door, was great.
    As regards the over-21s policy, I'm not sure. But like BadGirl, I didn't see any youngsters either.

Hope you have a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

So basically same as before, just a different name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Niles wrote: »
    So basically same as before, just a different name?

Not as bad, a few of the worst weren't let in. Quite possibly the worst name I've ever heard for a nightclub, though..

Quite possibly the worst name I've ever heard for a nightclub, though..

Have to agree with you on this....

• Advertisement

Quite possibly the worst name I've ever heard for a nightclub, though..

Yeah, the 70s called, they want their niteclub back...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

new box,same arseholes.....

I see it's been rebranded as Lynskey's... don't know if it's the same owner but at least they got rid of the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Niles wrote: »
    I see it's been rebranded as Lynskey's... don't know if it's the same owner but at least they got rid of the name.

Yep especially as they were advertising they were accepting business for funeral afters and christenings
    The mind boggles

Dear X
    thank you for coming to the funeral of Mrs Gmol
    resfreshments after in the Funky Box :D:D

I saw a sign in the window where you can 'book the snug' for the football match.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

not surpised by the name change. It had soon become known as the Junky Box.....

Advertisement