Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego is for Girls - Business Week Article on Lego Friends

Options
  • 29-12-2011 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭

Never realised there was a Lego forum until tonight.

I read the below article recently and didn't notice it posted up so thought there might some interested readers here.

http://www.businessweek.com/printer/magazine/lego-is-for-girls-12142011.html

Seems like Smyths were stocking the Lego Friends sets before Christmas, or at least I saw them on the shelf in the Cork store.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ATMAddict

Smyths in Naas didn't have them yesterday, but these are now been heavily advertised on the kids TV channels as been available, my kids are already asking me for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Most of the range is being released in the new year, was over with LEGO a few weeks ago and saw the range... If they get it right I think it could take off. Some of the sets are pretty cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I remember my sister being utterly in love with Lego Belville.

But OTOH she had no problem playing with regular, non-pink City Lego either.
    Hopefully this works out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Bagel

I think Lego are missing a huge trick by making Lego Friends a "girls" toy - why not brand it neutral - I have a 10 year girl who is animal mad but hates pink so wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. They could have made the exact same sets but make it more natural colours and then whoever wanted to could pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

I got the small set with "Stephanie" Minifigure! So not Lego. Here goes, as my Daughter is now hooked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement