Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL DRAFT 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Absolutely shattered this morning but it was worth it.

Very happy with the Patriots 2 picks. Mayock was extremely high on Chandler Jones so that will do for me. I can see us trading back from one or both of our 2nd round spots to add a couple of later picks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Pretty sure the Ravens will go for Upshaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Absolutely shattered this morning but it was worth it.

Very happy with the Patriots 2 picks. Mayock was extremely high on Chandler Jones so that will do for me. I can see us trading back from one or both of our 2nd round spots to add a couple of later picks.

Same here.... I called it a day after the Chargers picked mind you. Great night/morning though, you can't beat the drama.

Pats made off like bandits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Imo, best picks in order were DeCastro, Kirkpatrick and Coples, with the worst being Irvin, Weeden, Brockers, Jenkins and McClellin. The rest of them look just about right.

I reckon Ingram was mega value at 18.

I'm a fan of Brockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

matthew8 wrote: »
    I have to say I'm not a fan of the Browns taking Richardson or Weedon, but now that they have been taken together I think they might have something. I see Weedon lasting 10 years and hopefully Richardson can last as long. Now they have a good defense, a first round QB/RB, a left side of the line including center, a good tight end corps but there is a gaping hole at WR. I don't think Little is anything more than a number 2. If Stephen Hill is still on the board then this draft could work out to be a really good one.

As for the Ravens trading out of the first round, hopefully we can get a good offensive lineman at 35.

Yes i'd be happy with Hill or Jeffrey to be honest. Browns were drafting Wright @ 22 until TEN got there. Heckert pretty much said that last night. Still think they would have moved for Weeden after that.

This is a real kick in the teeth for Colt McCoy. He gets his dream RB to take the pressure off him and then BAM. There is talk of him being traded later.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Pretty sure the Ravens will go for Upshaw

I agree with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Absolutely delighted with my two teams' picks.

I had the Panthers taking Cox, Kuechly or Gilmore, with much depending on

1. How much they think Fua & McClain can improve, especially with a normal offseason behind them and
    2. How healthy they reckon Beason and especially Davis will be next year.

They could go in any direction in the second round. Defo worth considering trading up to take J Jenkins. If the cost is too steep no worries because there'll be some decent talent at 40 overall that will also fill a need.
    Could use a WR opposite S Smith (Hill/Randle) or maybe Fleener.
    Lost Wharton in FA and one of Glenn/Konz/Silatolu should be there. Glenn would be great because of his versatility, with Gross & Otah having missed games recently.
    If Worthy falls to them it would be hard to pass him up especially with them possibly transitioning to a 3-4

Also delighted with the Chargers' pick. Their recent drafts have been pretty poor so they couldn't afford to screw this one up. I think they've got to go OT next, probably Massie or Adams.

Hard to know what the Seahawks were thinking. They could have grabbed de Castro at 15 and if they wanted they Irvin so bad they could likely have waited and traded up in the second or back into the first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I hope you're right about Upshaw guys.

Yes i'd be happy with Hill or Jeffrey to be honest. Browns were drafting Wright @ 22 until TEN got there. Heckert pretty much said that last night. Still think they would have moved for Weeden after that.

This is a real kick in the teeth for Colt McCoy. He gets his dream RB to take the pressure off him and then BAM. There is talk of him being traded later.

Bit of a kick in the teeth for him alright. If I was the GM I'd have taken DeCastro instead of Weeden and a receiver in the second. Richardson + De Castro + Hill/Randle for example would go a long way to overhauling that offense. I'd have given mcCoy a year with those extra weapons and if he lets you down you know there's a pretty deep class at QB next year. Maybe then you do a Washington and trade up to take a true Franchise QB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Great timing by my internet connection to go down for the night, i had to be kept up to date on the phone by a friend..Elway doing a Belichick with this year's first round i see.. Apparently our targets were DeCastro, Kirkpatrick, Poe, Brockers and Cox and they were all off the board by the time we came around so we moved back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I have to begrudingly applaud the Patriots for their ruthless efficiency last night.
    Up the jumped twice and had their pick in straight away and then bam gone.

I'd say they impressed the most. A lot going on about the fact they only have 2 picks left but they are both in the second so they could get 4 potential starters in 4 picks.

I'm happy the Jets picked Coples. We were trying to trade down hence why the pick took so long to come but we could have a Juluis Peppers type phenom on our hands or another Vernon Gholston :o

Mike Mayock is my favourite NFL analyst by a mile but I think people have to stop taking everything the chap says as gospel.

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Bit of a kick in the teeth for him alright. If I was the GM I'd have taken DeCastro instead of Weeden and a receiver in the second. Richardson + De Castro + Hill/Randle for example would go a long way to overhauling that offense. I'd have given mcCoy a year with those extra weapons and if he lets you down you know there's a pretty deep class at QB next year. Maybe then you do a Washington and trade up to take a true Franchise QB.

Ye i would have been happy with that.

Heckert said they had 18 players with a first round grade on their board. He said if they were gone by 22 that they would trade down. Obviously he had a 1st round grade on Weeden. They must really like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Heffo001

Don't know how to feel about Wright to the Titans. He was decent value at 20, has big play ability and his addition means that the Titans arguably have one of the most explosive offences in the NFL. However when Castro fell all the way to 20 I thought it would be amazing value for the Titans. I think if De Castro was off the board at this stage I'd be delighted with the pick but as it is I'm left wondering if we might have passed on a potential 10 year starter, who could have slotted in and improved the run game immediately, in order to add depth to a position where we were already pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I'm biased maybe but i say the Vikings had the best first round of all.

They got 2 terrific prospects. Many teams got more than they expected out of the first round, but it cost them quite a bit. The Vikings got exactly who they wanted and actually gained picks in the process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I THOUGHT HTE DRAFT WAS TONIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Very happy with the Bucs picks, i would have liked Claibourne but safety was a bigger need. Very happy traded above Giants to snap up Martin. Long wait to round 3 now tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Im soooooo fricking tired, had to be up at 8 this morning and jst started work

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Trent Richardson :D

Thinking about it about again

Ravens take Cordy Glenn with pick 35

Rams have three second rounders and the Ravens got a fourth from the Vikings last night
    Package the Ravens second and that fourth to the Rams to move up again to 39, Courtney Upshaw

Rams are happy to trade down while Ravens have a ton of picks and can move up

Works for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Thinking about it about again

Ravens take Cordy Glenn with pick 35

Rams have three second rounders and the Ravens got a fourth from the Vikings last night
    Package the Ravens second and that fourth to the Rams to move up again to 39, Courtney Upshaw

Rams are happy to trade down while Ravens have a ton of picks and can move up

Works for me :)

I really hope this happens!

My bash at a 2nd Rnd Mock Draft:

Rams
    C Glenn
    Colts
    C Fleener
    Ravens
    J Jenkins
    Broncos C Upshaw
    Browns R Randle
    Jags V Curry
    Rams S Hill
    Panthers J Worthy
    Bills J Martin
    Dolphins A Branch
    Seahawks L David
    Chiefs A Silatolu
    Rams P Konz
    Eagles T Johnson
    JetsA Jeffrey
    Patriots K Reyes
    Chargers D Still
    Bears B Quick
    Eagles J Allen
    Titans B Thompson
    Bengals L Miller
    Lions J Fleming
    Falcons D Allen
    Steelers A Ta'amu
    Broncos B Taylor
    Texans K Osamele
    Packers J Robinson
    Ravens B Winn
    49ers B Brooks
    Patriots G Iloka
    Giants M Sanu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I THOUGHT HTE DRAFT WAS TONIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    It is tonight and tomorrow, all you missed was the first round!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Did anyone think there were occasions where Mayock was bluffing it a bit? It seemed he was just naming off the next 3/4 names on his list as guys who could possibly go next and on more than one occasion missed a fairly obvious name, then proceeded to go about how great they are.

I thought the shock of the night was that Irvin guy. What were they thinking? Undoubtedly a player that'd still be around in the 2nd if not 3rd round. Wasn't surprised with Weeden and although they may have reached I think he'll be a great QB for them. They would've taken Wright had it not been for the Titans I'd say. A tough cookie, think he'll take to the ebbs and flows of the NFL like a duck to water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Can never figure out why teams dont trade back. Prime example last night was Seahawks. Clearly they fell inlove with this guy buy im sure he would of still be there late in the first with names like Perry and Upshaw still around.

A lot of really good players at top of second will probably see a lot more trades early

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Did anyone think there were occasions where Mayock was bluffing it a bit? It seemed he was just naming off the next 3/4 names on his list as guys who could possibly go next and on more than one occasion missed a fairly obvious name, then proceeded to go about how great they are.

Mayock is the best in the business. The guys studies college game tape of seniors from june onwards everyyear starts watching game tape of juniors who are possisbly coming out a month later. Also he has his job with NFl networks and he says that helps him analyse team needs better.

Fantastic guy who really knows his stuff.

• Advertisement

Had to laugh at Rich Eisen calling Roger Goodell RG1 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Can never figure out why teams dont trade back. Prime example last night was Seahawks. Clearly they fell inlove with this guy buy im sure he would of still be there late in the first with names like Perry and Upshaw still around.

A lot of really good players at top of second will probably see a lot more trades early

Problem is you need a team who wants to trade up.

Today your team will be bringing in a favourite son to announce your second and third rounders :)

*Arizona Cardinals, Roger Wehrli (DB)
    Atlanta Falcons, Alge Crumpler (TE)
    Baltimore Ravens, Matt Stover (K)
    Buffalo Bills, Phil Hansen (DE)
    Carolina Panthers, Mike Rucker (DE)
    Chicago Bears, Otis Wilson (LB)
    Cincinnati Bengals, Isaac Curtis (WR)
    Cleveland Browns, Gary Collins (WR)
    Dallas Cowboys , Chad Hennings (DL)
    Denver Broncos, Terrell Davis (RB)
    Detroit Lions, Barry Sanders (RB)
    Green Bay Packers, LeRoy Butler (S)
    Houston Texans, Danny Clark (LB)
    Indianapolis Colts, Marvin Harrison (WR)
    Jacksonville Jaguars, Fred Taylor (RB)
    Kansas City Chiefs, Will Shields (G)
    Miami Dolphins, Dwight Stephenson (C)
    Minnesota Vikings, Anthony Carter (WR)
    New England Patriots, Troy Brown (WR)
    *New Orleans Saints, Willie Roaf (OL)
    New York Giants, Michael Strahan (DE)
    New York Jets, Wesley Walker (WR)
    *Oakland Raiders, Willie Brown (DB)
    Philadelphia Eagles, Brian Westbrook (RB)
    Pittsburgh Steelers, Dermontti Dawson (C)
    St. Louis Rams, Isaac Bruce (WR) & Torry Holt (WR)
    San Diego Chargers, Courtney Hall (OL)
    San Francisco 49ers, Jesse Sapolu (OL)
    Seattle Seahawks, Walter Jones (OL)
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Dexter Jackson (S)
    Tennessee Titans, Eddie George (RB)
    *Washington Redskins, Ken Harvey (LB)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Chucky wrote:
    Problem is you need a team who wants to trade up.

There is always some to trade with as long as the price is right

Nice touch by the Patriots bringing Troy Brown in for this. He will be going into the Patriots HOF this year, there are three nominees but he is a slam dunk to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

always like to see TD getting recognised by us. Injury scuppered his chances of what was a sure fire HOF career, which was an awful shame. One of the best late rounders ever and one of the best players who wont go into the HOF.

On a related note, im delighted to see Barry Sanders doing Detroit's pick, didn't his career with them finish on a sour note?

Courtney Hall is a bit surprising for the chargers, surely Seau, Chandler, Winslow, Joiner or Fouts stand out more in terms of their legendary players?

Strahan is a great pick for the Giants and a great Giant.

Pity they didnt pick Tiki... imagine the crowd reaction, they'd rush the stage and Tiki would be trampled to death. I hope this never happens ;)

It was a huge shocked when he retired. There was a legal case which he lost over his signing bonus because he had a lot of years left on the contract when he retired. Sanders was always very respectful to everybody though from what I remember.

He is imo the best player in any position to play the game in my time watching it.

His son is supposed to be pretty awesome too. He will be playing for Stanford next year. I'm already a huge fan. He has shown flashes of things only his old man could do.

Ravens selected Matt Stover, our ring of honour kicker

We can't miss on our draft picks now :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭menu14

What time is the Draft starting today Irish Time?

menu14 wrote: »

Midnight I think but I'm open to correction on that

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

menu14 wrote: »
    Fairly sure its midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭menu14

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Fairly sure its midnight.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Yeah midnight and then 5pm tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Mayock is the best in the business. The guys studies college game tape of seniors from june onwards everyyear starts watching game tape of juniors who are possisbly coming out a month later. Also he has his job with NFl networks and he says that helps him analyse team needs better.

Fantastic guy who really knows his stuff.

Im not that sure on Mayock myself, i know it is exhaustive work that he does but is it perspiration or inspiration

It is the draft of HAVES and HAVE-NOTS. Teams who have built through the draft only.... by and large.. who rarely wheel and deal too much who keep their draft slot and draft the BPA . Im thinking Steelers, Giants , Texans, Lions , Green Bay , Bengals and maybe joining this draft tactic the Rams , Vikes and possibly the Raiders later on when they pick. Their are quite a few play-off teams in that list

the HAVE-NOTS seem to always bail in and make mistakes ...mine of this draft

BUCS - overvalueing Barron at the 7th pick ...he struggles in coverage ...people use Quentin Jammer as a comparison if he switches to safety ...Barron is a top 30 pick ....the Vikes got Smith about right and not much between them

PANTHERS Kuechly- ....needing a Tackle and leaving Cox & Brockers on the board ....over-rating the pick made and undervalueing the need

BILLS -Gilmore - Again the 4th CB in the draft after CB, Jenkins & Dre . Good player but overdrafted and leaving Reiff on board?

CHIEFS - NT was a need but Poe at 11 ....look at where Phil Taylor was drafted ....a better player with better tape

HAWKS - Irvin was a top 25 talent as opposed to what others think ...he has red flags but if you delve deeper the flags are pre-college by and large , he isnt a Janoris-type red flag but should have traded down even for small compensation ...that was why Dallas only paid a 2 for CB ...they knew Rams had got good deals already

BEARS - McClellin is fine player but is he better than Mercilus ...i dont think so

TITANS- Cant pick wide recievers to save themselves

PATS - Im not that big a fan of these picks , Hightower was a reach and Jones was picked ahead of better prospects . Its like the JJ Watt argument last year .

whilst the HAVES wait ....are patient and get

BENGALS Kirkpatrick
    RAMS Brockers
    PITTS DeCastro
    LIONS Reiff
    TEXANS Mercilus
    GREEN BAY Perry

Theres Pro-Bowlers in there and Rams have all those picks which could yield

J Martin , C Upshaw , Cordy Glenn, Devon Still, Jerel Worthy , Kendall Reyes, Janoris Jenkins , Peter Konz , Aimini Silatolu , Stephen Hill .

This tells me some people mis-fired in Round 1

• Advertisement

The Hawks pick was so laughable it was untrue.

I'd have to disagree with you about the Panthers. Kuechley is a beast. Would fit BPA and will be an all pro for a decade at the positon. Very good pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

It seems a lot of people think the Ravens will pick Upshaw. I'm not mad myself but he fixes a potentially problematic position. However the management may think that Sergio Kindle could finally work out. I'm more worried about the OL. What I can't figure out is why people want us to take a WR. We have the best FB in the league, the best HB in the league, a potent deep threat, Anquan Boldin and 2 good receiving tight ends who are onlt getting better. We just need a guy who can come in on the 2 minute drill in the playoffs and actually hold on to the ball. 35th pick is too much of a price for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Rochey18 wrote: »
    There is always some to trade with as long as the price is right

There isn't really. The best they could have done was trade with the Patriots and move down to 25, problem is thats a big jump and if there guy is taken before them than it is a pretty bad move.

neilster wrote: »
    Im not that sure on Mayock myself, i know it is exhaustive work that he does but is it perspiration or inspiration

It is the draft of HAVES and HAVE-NOTS. Teams who have built through the draft only.... by and large.. who rarely wheel and deal too much who keep their draft slot and draft the BPA . Im thinking Steelers, Giants , Texans, Lions , Green Bay , Bengals and maybe joining this draft tactic the Rams , Vikes and possibly the Raiders later on when they pick. Their are quite a few play-off teams in that list

Patriots have been to the playoffs more than any team in the last 12 years. Cowboys have been there more than anybody in the history of the NFL. The Eagles have been there an awful lot over the last 12 years too. Don't forget the Colts, Titans, Dolphins and recently the Saints.
    BUCS - overvalueing Barron at the 7th pick ...he struggles in coverage ...people use Quentin Jammer as a comparison if he switches to safety ...Barron is a top 30 pick ....the Vikes got Smith about right and not much between them
    Imo the best DB in the draft even ahead of Claiborne. Obviously we are not comparing like with like but in the category DB he was no.1 for me.
    PANTHERS Kuechly- ....needing a Tackle and leaving Cox & Brockers on the board ....over-rating the pick made and undervalueing the need
    Kuechly is a class act. No way was he overrated. He was projected as a top 10 pick by a lot of the drafniks.
    BILLS -Gilmore - Again the 4th CB in the draft after CB, Jenkins & Dre . Good player but overdrafted and leaving Reiff on board?
    I think Reiff is overrated and clearly people were concerned because he dropped down draft boards in the weeks just before the draft.
    CHIEFS - NT was a need but Poe at 11 ....look at where Phil Taylor was drafted ....a better player with better tape
    This is not 2011 and prospect hunters will have learned from that draft.
    HAWKS - Irvin was a top 25 talent as opposed to what others think ...he has red flags but if you delve deeper the flags are pre-college by and large , he isnt a Janoris-type red flag but should have traded down even for small compensation ...that was why Dallas only paid a 2 for CB ...they knew Rams had got good deals already
    Really can't comment on any of this.
    BEARS - McClellin is fine player but is he better than Mercilus ...i dont think so
    Well obviously he is when both the Bears and the Patriots bypassed Whitney. Just think for a moment, as soon as the Bears chose McClellin Belichick moved up. Thats says an awful lot. He clearly had planned to take Jones and felt he was rated next to McClellin by most teams. Or maybe he figured on getting both of them so when one went he had to move. He might even have had McClellin first and Jones second, who knows? What we do know is that Mercilus was behind both in the eyes of two teams which have shown themselves to be very good at drafting defenders.
    Yet you projected Wright as the third WR to go at 22 in your own mock draft? So why criticise a team taking him at 20?
    PATS - Im not that big a fan of these picks , Hightower was a reach and Jones was picked ahead of better prospects . Its like the JJ Watt argument last year .
    Have you ever had a look at Belichick's first round defensive picks? They are Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Merriweather, Mayo, McCourty and these two picks.
    If you think you would have done better than that over the years then you are delusional sir. Belichick rarely moves up, Mayo is the only defensive player he has moved up for in his time with the Patriots. Mayo was considered by most draftniks as a late 1st/early 2nd rounder. Kind of says it all really.

BENGALS Kirkpatrick
    RAMS Brockers
    PITTS DeCastro
    LIONS Reiff
    TEXANS Mercilus
    GREEN BAY Perry

J Martin , C Upshaw , Cordy Glenn, Devon Still, Jerel Worthy , Kendall Reyes, Janoris Jenkins , Peter Konz , Aimini Silatolu , Stephen Hill .

We'll see. The Patriots spent a lot of time with Upshaw, he visited, they held a private workout with him and all that after seeing him in the Senior bowl and being at his pro-day. If Belichick didn't pull the trigger on him then there is something amiss. I'm sure out of that list of 10 players that one or two will work out really well and we'll hear you in a couple of years raving about how you were right.
    You list off all the players you had in your mock as players that were missed. Well just remember that you don't have anywhere near their expertise or knowledge or get to interview, workout or attend prodays and see what those guys are like. Every year there is a lot of players chosen that weren't expected to go in the first round. Most times the teams get it right in the first round, sometimes they get it wrong and we always hear about the guy that should have been picked that slipped because some guy somewhere will remind us of it.

neilster wrote: »

BENGALS Kirkpatrick
    RAMS Brockers
    PITTS DeCastro
    LIONS Reiff
    TEXANS Mercilus
    GREEN BAY Perry

I disagree with most of this but the thing that grates with me is that you put your opinion forward as fact. Just throw in the odd "IMO" or "I think" and you will come across less abrasive.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Present GF is in trouble. I told her I had to be hom eat 1am at the very latest and here I am having missed 5 picks. This is a potential relationship ending moment. I've had a few beer obviously so I won't make a decision tonight but I'm pissed.

So who were the first five picks guys?

Any updates here EE? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

One thing with the Panthers drafting Kuechly- Don't they run a 4-3? If so that means that they'll have him and Beason and won't be able to give him all that much playing time. James Anderson isn't bad either. Clearly though they must think a lot of him.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Any updates here EE? :)
    I'm getting the silent treatment today. I'm letting on its affecting me.;)

I remember reading over what I had posted last night and I seen that I typed was 'pissed'. In more ways than one.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Neilster @ 4:05pm yesterday, 10.5 hours before the Patriots select Dont'a Hightower:
    neilster wrote:
    My own mock plus free agency...

24. Pittsburgh Steelers
    Dont'a Hightower ILB

Neilster upon discovering that Hightower was selected by the Patriots with pick number 25, LOWER than he would have drafted him himself:
    neilster wrote:
    Im not that big a fan of these picks , Hightower was a reach

It's amazing what happens when a team you can't stand because of their success picks a player you like. All of a sudden, he wasn't that good to begin with. :rolleyes:

As has been suggested countless times before, you're just trolling Pats fans at this stage and doing a pathetic job of it too.

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    One thing with the Panthers drafting Kuechly- Don't they run a 4-3? If so that means that they'll have him and Beason and won't be able to give him all that much playing time. James Anderson isn't bad either. Clearly though they must think a lot of him.
    I remember reading this a couple of months back.
    When the Bills promoted Dave Wannstedt to defensive coordinator, it was expected that they would go to a 4-3 look next season.
    Head coach Chan Gailey confirmed that move on Monday, although it shouldn’t be too difficult a switch for the team to make. They played a lot of four-man fronts in the second half of the 2011 season and they never had ideal personnel to play a 3-4 look after making the switch to it a couple of years ago. Gailey was quick to caution that 4-3 is only going to be the base defense, though.
    “If you look around the league today people are playing four-man fronts and three-man fronts, they’re playing a little bit of everything,” Gailey said, via the Buffalo News. “We’re going to try and put our guys in position to be successful, whatever that position might be. If it’s odd spacing sometimes or even spacing sometimes.”
    How all the players fit is still being worked out, but Gailey said he expects to have Kelvin Sheppard at middle linebacker to start the season. Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus should be the defensive tackles with Nick Barnett and Chris Kelsay also likely to see a lot of time. Shawne Merriman’s health makes a question mark and, regardless of what they get from him, the team will need to upgrade on the edges before next season.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/31/chan-gailey-confirms-bills-switching-to-4-3-defense/

Advertisement