Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Online Games - Shooters

Options
  • 29-12-2011 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking to seriously get back into console gaming and am about to buy myself 12 month membership and the wireless adapter. So as a person that would have originally loved strategy games and shooters what would you advise?

In particular I would like advise on whether I should get Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty MW3?

Any other game suggestions greatly appreciated. Also, would like to here other experiences if xbox online gaming versus PC? Any major differences, pros/cons etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

get battlefield 3 if you like team work, having strategically think out your plan for the game.

get MW3 if you want a mindless run and gun shooter.

also for both games there is a community that started right here on boards
    Irlclan see link in my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

BATTLEFIELD 3 all the way, best multiplayer I have played. Played MW black-ops, enjoyed the multiplayer but BF3 blows it away. I am not a fan boy by the way, BF3 was the first one I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

preferred bf3 multilayer but enjoyed the mw3 story more!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

Trying to choose between BF3 and MW3 is a tough choice. It all depends on your personal preference.

I found Battlefield 3's multiplayer annoying because I was going in by myself with people who weren't communicating and it just ruined the fun for me. You definitely need a team to play BF3.

I find MW3 suits me perfectly because I don't get much time to play these days and it's perfect for just jumping into a couple of games, running around and having a laugh, it's definitely less strategic than BF3.

I'd say the best thing for you to do would be rent each of them out before you settle on a decision. At least that way you'll be happy with the decision you make when you do decide to invest in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

can of worms. you just opened it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I'd say the best thing for you to do would be rent each of them out before you settle on a decision. At least that way you'll be happy with the decision you make when you do decide to invest in one.

You wont be able to rent bf3 because of EA's online passcode system.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

GAAman wrote: »
    You wont be able to rent bf3 because of EA's online passcode system.

Derp! I totally forgot about that. It's actually so ridiculous how EA do that. And judging BF3 on its campaign is really not fair at all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Kehoejck

Thanks guys, very much appreciated! Well to be honest at this stage I would think Ill end up getting both in the long-run anyway!

Advertisement