Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walk of Shame Awards - Most Overrated Film - Nomination Thread

Options
  • 29-12-2011 1:03am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭

• Please nominate for the Most Overrated Film in 2011!
    • Only 2 nominations per person
    • You can justify your selections if you want, but don't criticise other peoples' selections
    • The movie must have been in Irish Cinemas between January 1st and December 31st 2011
    • This is the first of three nomination waves. The rest will follow over the next few days and weeks, followed by voting.
    • A list of potential candidates can be found here, although please feel free to nominate anyone not included.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Guard
    Source Code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Part 2

The Rise of the Planet of the Apes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Thor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭p to the e

I have to go with Drive here. A decent film? Yes. The film of the year (as some people put it)? Not even close. Hence way overrated. The Guard was also not the clever, genre changing, comedy it claimed to be

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Super 8 - Constantly compared to The Goonies which it's nothing like........at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The Guard

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Super 8 - not bad by any means but certainly nowhere near worthy of the praise that got heaped on it when it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The Tree of Life - Don't see the appeal at all. I couldn't sit through the whole thing. Dinosaurs? WTF?
    Super 8 - It was enjoyable, but would I watch it again... eh, no...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Super 8
    Bridesmaids

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Bridesmaids
    Bridesmaids.

Female version of the Hangover my @rse. If I was a women I'd be disgusted with anyone calling it that.

If I was pushed for a second I'd say True Grit. I know it was a remake but just didn't see the point of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Harry Potter and the etc etc, Part II

The Guard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Super 8
    Pseudo sci-fi fare rehashed with no new ideas or original thought as we've become accustomed from Abrams.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Galvasean wrote: »
    Super 8 - not bad by any means but certainly nowhere near worthy of the praise that got heaped on it when it came out.

My second pick is Limitless. I really cant believe that people thought it was a good film. Full of tacky dated looking effects and a really flawed premise.

Tree of Life
    Hangover part 2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Super 8 - Constantly compared to The Goonies which it's nothing like........at all.

My second pick is the very long and very boring Bridesmaids.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hugo
    The Tree of Life

• Registered Users Posts: 23 misan9

The Kings Speech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

X-men First Class

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The King's Speech
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

The Guard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Super 8
    Bridesmaids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

Melancholia
    Bridesmaids

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Drive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Bridesmaids

The Guard - One of the worst films of the year, boring, unfunny muck with a script that feels like it was written in 1992 and left at the bottom of a drawer till now.

Hangover 2/Due Date- nothing more than two thinly veiled remakes of the Hangover which wastes the talents of Paul Giamatti and everyone else invovled in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

The Guard

The Hangover Part II

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hangover 2

Bridesmaids

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ShaneJah

Drive
    Bridesmaids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Tinker Tailor

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement