Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Apartment Rental in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 29-12-2011 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

I am looking at renting a 2 bed apartment in Dublin CC.

I am looking at the IFSC, D2 & D4.

The vast majority of these properties rent for E1,000 to E1,200.

I am wondering how they can still be asking these prices considering these properties sell for 40% of the peak prices and the area is flooded with them? To what degree are empty NAMA units proping up these prices? Approx half the units in the IFSC are empty.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

New and modern apartments in the IFSC on the luas, dart and in the city centre.
    That's the going rate, it's a nice area to rent and the apartments are as good as you'll find in Dublin
    How do you know half of them are empty?

If you want to head slightly outside, Fairview and Drumcondra

I've read many threads here about noise in Smithfield. Ok that's what you get in the city centre but seems they have an ice rink every year with music blaring all day for weeks.
    Have a search for past threads. Possibly it's resolved now

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Im in Drumcondra at the minute but want a newer place thats more energy efficent and cleaner / more modern.

I find it hard to equate rentwise a decent size 3 bed house in Drumcomdra with a small 2 bed apartment in the IFSC.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

How about the risk of catching a stray bullet from the horse fair?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

shangri la wrote: »
    Im in Drumcondra at the minute but want a newer place thats more energy efficent and cleaner / more modern.

I find it hard to equate rentwise a decent size 3 bed house in Drumcomdra with a small 2 bed apartment in the IFSC.

I think landlords tend to include their management fees into the rent - so perhaps another 2K of management fees included to try and offset costs. My OH is a landlord and would not/will not ever buy an apartment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I lived in a 2 bed apartment in the IFSC from 2006 to February of this year. At the beginning the rent on the apartment was €1350 a month. When we left it was €1150. Not much of a drop at all considering the way things went.

I wouldn't call the apartments that I've seen in the IFSC as "new and modern." A lot of them were thrown up very quickly and the problems associated with that appear to be coming to light now. We had a lot of problems in our place by the end and others we knew in other complexes said the same.

The location is handy but personally I'd rather live a little further outside the centre than pay huge rents on crappy, small apartments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

shangri la wrote: »
    Smaller and dearer is not always better, esp as people wanted the apartments built cheaper, smaller, and faster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement