Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl/Aldi Checkout Speed Trauma

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

You are being disingenuous- show me when you asked me that please.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76215378&postcount=20
    Lidl & Aldi have much better customer service than the more established grocery chains. OP, what did the manager say when you complained you were being attended to in a hasty manner?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

rabjoshu wrote: »

I get it!

You want to know whether I addressed the issue with management?

Maybe I did, and maybe this is what they said:

"Dearest customer, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

As you are aware, we aim to bring you the best possible goods at the lowest possible prices, and have created quality local-market friendly brands like O'McGraths, McMurphys and the like to make you feel right at home.

We note your concerns, but we would really like if you could get with the program.
    As there is often an angry impatient queue behind you, in actual fact, the speed at which our cashiers work is essential for your own safety.

Both Gretchen and Maria are due to graduate from finishing school soon, after which time we expect to see approximately 96 smiles a day from each.

We pride ourselves on our efficiency, and should you notice at any time that our cashiers are scanning less than 40 items per minute across our tills, please let us be the first to know about it.

Now, how about a canoe??"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I will say one thing, if you have ever shopped in Supervalue in Waterford then by jesus you will appreciate the likes of Aldi/Lidl believe me!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

New world record, there was THREE checkout desks operating in Lidl Deansgrange today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I get it!

You want to know whether I addressed the issue with management?

Maybe I did, and maybe this is what they said:

"Dearest customer, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

As you are aware, we aim to bring you the best possible goods at the lowest possible prices, and have created quality local-market friendly brands like O'McGraths, McMurphys and the like to make you feel right at home.

We note your concerns, but we would really like if you could get with the program.
    As there is often an angry impatient queue behind you, in actual fact, the speed at which our cashiers work is essential for your own safety.

Both Gretchen and Maria are due to graduate from finishing school soon, after which time we expect to see approximately 96 smiles a day from each.

We pride ourselves on our efficiency, and should you notice at any time that our cashiers are scanning less than 40 items per minute across our tills, please let us be the first to know about it.

Now, how about a canoe??"

Unsubscribing to thread...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think there's a real skill in working out how many check-out staff there should be at any one time, because no store-owner wants to have to pay anyone for sitting at a check-out doing nothing.

I'd say that Aldi and Lidl are better at this than the others, but that could just be the impression they give.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

This information is available to most supermarkets electronically, hourly, weekly etc. Its having the budget to deliver this that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

op, it's all about speed and putting pressure on the people in germany. and aldi and lidl reflecting this to the extreme. other supermarket chains in germany have this big 'metal drawer' after the till to hold the items for the customer to pack them in after paying.
    did you realise aldi and lidl don't have them? that's on purpose, the customer has no chance of being 'lazy', they are forced to pack their stuff in the trolly or in their bag immediately.
    aldi and lidl are cheap for reasonable good quality. but this cheapness has it's price: kind of bad customer service and not very humane treatment of the staff.
    do you know there are scandals almost every year of lidl illegally filming staff in the bathrooms, observing their habits in their free time and so on and so on, endless really bad stories...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,599 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

tara73 wrote: »
    op, it's all about speed and putting pressure on the people in germany. and aldi and lidl reflecting this to the extreme. other supermarket chains in germany have this big 'metal drawer' after the till to hold the items for the customer to pack them in after paying.
    did you realise aldi and lidl don't have them? that's on purpose, the customer has no chance of being 'lazy', they are forced to pack their stuff in the trolly or in their bag immediately.
    aldi and lidl are cheap for reasonable good quality. but this cheapness has it's price: kind of bad customer service and not very humane treatment of the staff.
    do you know there are scandals almost every year of lidl illegally filming staff in the bathrooms, observing their habits in their free time and so on and so on, endless really bad stories...

As long as they hurry up the people that seem to find it harder to be organized with their shopping and hence holding the rest of us up i wont worry too much about them keeping their workers in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

As long as they hurry up the people that seem to find it harder to be organized with their shopping and hence holding the rest of us up i wont worry too much about them keeping their workers in line.
    That's an uncaring attitude. Personally, I choose not to give my business to firms that I believe treat their staff badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think this thread was done to death the first time out. No need to bring it back to life.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement