Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 110

Options
  • 29-12-2011 3:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has a Garmin 110 watch?

I was wondering what fields you are able to display in the watch? Is it possible to get both the lap speed and the total average speed on the watch at once? Those 2 and the total distance are what would interest me. If I could see both of them, I wouldn't need to consider the 210 for another 80 euro more.

While I'm here, if there is anyone with a 210, there are a lot more data fields with this watch. Can you pick any 4 that you want or are you restricted, eg the middle display can only display time/HR etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Larry Brent

110 = 3 things will be displayed

Total distance
    Total time OR HR
    Average Pace (for total run, or lap, depending on whether you have autolap selected or not)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 iliketorun

Hi, I got the garmin 110 watch in Argos for Christmas(without HRM as it is alot cheaper). I've never had or used a garmin before but it is a great running tool. I was especially impressed that it shows your current pace and not just your average pace at the end of each mile/km. Went for my final run of 2011 today.
    Just a question for anyone who has experience with this garmin. I went for a 10 mile run to set a PB and according to the garmin it took 1:02:40. I was aiming to break 65 minutes. My pace seemed pretty fast(for me) considering the effort I was putting into it. Does anyone know how accurate this watch is? I'm sure not all of the 110 models are going to be identically calibrated as it depends on locating satellites at different times and places.
    Anyway I'm really happy with the time even if it isn't exact, makes for a happy ending for 2011. Cheers and happy new year to all runners and non runners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

iliketorun wrote: »
    Hi, I got the garmin 110 watch in Argos for Christmas(without HRM as it is alot cheaper). I've never had or used a garmin before but it is a great running tool. I was especially impressed that it shows your current pace and not just your average pace at the end of each mile/km. Went for my final run of 2011 today.
    Just a question for anyone who has experience with this garmin. I went for a 10 mile run to set a PB and according to the garmin it took 1:02:40. I was aiming to break 65 minutes. My pace seemed pretty fast(for me) considering the effort I was putting into it. Does anyone know how accurate this watch is? I'm sure not all of the 110 models are going to be identically calibrated as it depends on locating satellites at different times and places.
    Anyway I'm really happy with the time even if it isn't exact, makes for a happy ending for 2011. Cheers and happy new year to all runners and non runners

There is a big garmin megathread at the top of the page. Many hours of happy reading and lots of info about the accuracy of GPS watches

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

iliketorun wrote: »
    How much was it in Argos? The watches don't require calibration, but you are correct in that results may vary based on the quality of satellite reception. However, largely, you'd be looking at minor differences. If you upload the activity to Garmin Connect, you can a feel for the accuracy (switch to satellite view, and zoom in).

• Advertisement
Advertisement