Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermal imaging

• 29-12-2011 3:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

I have this on the BER forum but getting no response, maybe I will get some info here and the mods could delete the other thread?
    I was thinking of getting a thermographer to take a few snaps of my house inside and out to see where my heat is getting away more readily so that I can take steps to fix.
    What sort of money am I looking at and also is there any sort of extras that I should be asking for?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

You posted thishttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056496692 at 16:00 or so yday and this post at 02:41 this morning.

What response timeframe did you have in mind for a voluntary free forum?

It would help if you described the house construction in some detail.

Do you have a BER?

Have u had an airtightness test done?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

I must have no patience,
    The house is a 2 story old farm house 4 bedroom probably about 2200 sq ft.
    No BER as there is no plan to sell or rent and no air tightness done as I would think the thermographer could point out any leaks/coldspots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

I must have no patience,
    The house is a 2 story old farm house 4 bedroom probably about 2200 sq ft.
    No BER as there is no plan to sell or rent and no air tightness done as I would think the thermographer could point out any leaks/coldspots.

In my experience using a blower door in conjunction with a ti camera gives the best result in terms of determining the extent of heatloss through various elements. Pm sent.

Advertisement