Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fruit picking in Victoria

Options
  • 29-12-2011 6:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone has any information on regional work in VIC! I'm currently in Sydney but my brother is talking about coming over from home and going to Melbourne, and I reckon regional areas in VIC tend to be close to Melbourne than say regional areas in NSW and Sydney. I've been doing a lot of research, and I ended up coming across websites for several orchards. Has anyone out there gone this route instead of the working hostel thing? Read some crazy reviews about a working hostel in north VIC that was recommended to me by a mate...and now I'm completely put off the whole thing! I realise there's a lot of information out there on regional work, but my God, it's hard to decide what to do/where to go e.g. fruitpicking in VIC, traffic control in QLD or farming in NSW etc. Would appreciate any info. I don't need to make a lot of money, just enough to have a few quid saved once it's done. I'm more interested in the experience and knowing that I've worked my ass off for 3 months and earned my 2nd year. Looking forward to responses!

Advertisement