Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Brisbane??

Options
  • 29-12-2011 7:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I have been living in Brisbane for the last 3 months and finding at very difficult to get work! I have plenty of experience in waitressing, bar tending, kitchen hand and as a shop assistant but can't seem to get anything!

I do have a job bar tending at the moment but it is only on Friday and Saturday nights and fear it may be drying up now that the holidays are almost over. I am applying every day on seek and gumtree. I walk about the city and different areas looking for job vacancies and putting in my CV but mostly I hear nothing back! ANd when I think that a job is perfect for me, and hand in a good CV and Kick Ass cover letter and think I have to at least get a responce I still hear nothing back.

A lot of places seem to only want to hire Australian residents, thats fair enough, but there must be loads of places, especially in the hospitality industry that will hire backpackers.

I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

I produce a very good CV, am always friendly and hard working but there doesn't seem to many jobs going in Brisbane at the moment.

If anyone knows of anything I can do I would be most grateful! I love Australia and want to stay for as long as I can but being jobless is really getting me down. :(

Thanks so much for any help,

Mary :)

Advertisement