Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stickers

• 29-12-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

bought a seat leon its my first car and i want to do some modifyin to it.
    im just wondering,what peoples opions are on stickers on cars ? im not talking about shoping lists !!!!! things like caution lowered and that :L or drive her like your late for mass :L

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Don't do it man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

ottostreet wrote: »
    Don't do it man!

That's the general way this thread will go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭fanadman1

thanks lads :L i seen some that i thought looked nice at the time but if this is the general concenses that it'll make me look a tit :L i'll not bother :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

It depends really... I have a "dubway" on the rear windscreen on the Beemer..
    Had a "I'm not drunk, I'm avoiding potholes" but haven't gotten around to puttin it on yet.
    Just something subtle may suit the SEAT

focus_mad wrote: »
    It depends really... I have a "dubway" on the rear windscreen on the Beemer..
    Had a "I'm not drunk, I'm avoiding potholes" but haven't gotten around to puttin it on yet.
    Just something subtle may suit the SEAT

yes thats the kind of thing i was thinking about :L i know when u say stickers people thing that u are goin to put your shoping list on, or sticker bomb it, i was thinkin about the sloagans and that :L its already lowered and has a powerflow so i only need alloys and some we thing to make her my own, thats why i thought about th stickers. thanks for the replys so far please feel to give all sugestions :)

• Advertisement

fanadman1 wrote: »
    yes thats the kind of thing i was thinking about :L i know when u say stickers people thing that u are goin to put your shoping list on, or sticker bomb it, i was thinkin about the sloagans and that :L its already lowered and has a powerflow so i only need alloys and some we thing to make her my own, thats why i thought about th stickers. thanks for the replys so far please feel to give all sugestions :)

Google sticky rings and go onto the site, it has all types of stickers. Some may take your fancy..

And before anyone asks...no I didn't come across that site while looking for something else!! :D

Well this is what I have at the minute;

Stickers.jpg

But you could go the extreme such as;

BarrasStickerbomb.jpg

Or the interior;

AdamsStickerbomb.jpg

Stickers.jpg

But you could go the extreme such as;

BarrasStickerbomb.jpg

Or the interior;

AdamsStickerbomb.jpg
    naw naw suttle :Llike the first one the seat is a suttle car like i want something to finnish it of just :L

yeah just a couple I think sets the car off well..

I usually get a laugh out of people with the dubway :D

Each to their own, that's what makes looking at other people's cars interesting!

Want to get one of the "never been" stickers too..(a piss take out of the people that have the ring stickers but have never been)

Want to get one of the "never been" stickers too..(a piss take out of the people that have the ring stickers but have never been)

yea thats wat u want sure :D no point in haveing it there if nobody admires it :D

now the "never been" was one i was serously thinking about doing :) cause i think that ring stickers is pointless and silly :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

No no no...don't do it man! Stickers in general look terrible! Ones to do with the car like...VTEC, MIVEC, GT, TYPE R, VERSION R (on real cars obviously) or engine code stickers can be cool...but anything else is just tacky as hell!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Do it!!!!

Image1582.jpg
    Image1580.jpg
    Image1581.jpg

yeah just a couple I think sets the car off well..

Each to their own, that's what makes looking at other people's cars interesting!

dgt wrote: »
    Do it!!!!

Image1582.jpg
    Image1580.jpg
    Image1581.jpg
    not really to my taste tbh thats not the way i was thinking i would like something small and understated to go along with the vag scean im de-badgeing it and blacking out the rear sign is there a debadges grill u can get for a leon such as a kami grill or that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Do it!!!!
    Please tell me you sealed them with a few coats of clear, if not they will be coming away pretty soon and the ones that are left will be super pale from the sun, clear coat it or you have just wasted a decent book ;)

btw that comes from experience and trial and error, im still trying to find a good clear to deal with heat, maybe i need to use more :confused:

heres what i did
    IMAG0288.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

projectgtr wrote: »
    Do it!!!!
    Please tell me you sealed them with a few coats of clear, if not they will be coming away pretty soon and the ones that are left will be super pale from the sun, clear coat it or you have just wasted a decent book ;)

btw that comes from experience and trial and error, im still trying to find a good clear to deal with heat, maybe i need to use more :confused:

heres what i did
    IMAG0288.jpg

When I eventually get around to buying a car, you're sticker bombing it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭eg6 vtec

Google sticky rings and go onto the site, it has all types of stickers. Some may take your fancy..

And before anyone asks...no I didn't come across that site while looking for something else!! :D

Stickers.jpg

haha Al why have you a pic of yourself on the car lol

dont go mad with the stickes one or two suitably placed stickers is all you need

heres my rear window

aa451a08.jpg

eg6 vtec wrote: »
    haha Al why have you a pic of yourself on the car lol

dont go mad with the stickes one or two suitably placed stickers is all you need

heres my rear window

aa451a08.jpg
    yea i like that alot accauly :) something similer to that is wat i was thinkin i seen one on sticky rings :L its im not drunk im avoiding the potholes :L we things like that i get a kick out of it :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Dubway.... a VW sticker on a BM??

Flat 4... an aircooled sticker on a kettle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

si_guru wrote: »

Sure, why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭eg6 vtec

It's a flat 4 sticker on my Scooby

Your comment makes no sence

Yes that would be correct.

Dub style isn't just about VW's.

Google it and you will see.

Danny.. It's so that all the local peeps know it's my car :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Yes that would be correct.

Dub style isn't just about VW's.

Google it and you will see.

Danny.. It's so that all the local peeps know it's my car :D

I'm showing my age aren't I?

Flat 4 could be Subaru too.. penny just dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ToyotaMad94

It just ruins the car in my opinion! I might be all for just a small sun strip listing something to do with the car, but not all for this "stickerbombing" craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭scoobymunster

I know it's a kinda old thread but word of caution to the OP - going by your thread in the motoring forum, bear in mind any stickers/mods you do to the leon(which has you mum as owner/main driver) will cause issues with the insurance company in the event of a crash. So be careful what stickers you add to it!

I know it's a kinda old thread but word of caution to the OP - going by your thread in the motoring forum, bear in mind any stickers/mods you do to the leon(which has you mum as owner/main driver) will cause issues with the insurance company in the event of a crash. So be careful what stickers you add to it!

Stickers can cause trouble with insurance?
    Want to expand on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭scoobymunster

Well if the OP plasters the thing in those cheesy slogans "drive it like its stolen" "no smoke no poke" etc. that and whatever other mods they're planning, the true owner will obviously be questioned by the insurance company in a crash. How many middle aged mothers(im guessing) do you know that would do any mods to their car?

Well if the OP plasters the thing in those cheesy slogans "drive it like its stolen" "no smoke no poke" etc. that and whatever other mods they're planning, the true owner will obviously be questioned by the insurance company in a crash. How many middle aged mothers(im guessing) do you know that would do any mods to their car?

It's not the insurance company's place to judge the the owner bassd on the slogans they choose to put on their car. They could just be there ironically.

The only way modding a car is going to void the insurance is if you have undeclared performance mod's or illegal modifications.

Sticker away as long as his mam's alright with it.

CianRyan wrote: »
    It's not the insurance company's place to judge the the owner bassd on the slogans they choose to put on their car. They could just be there ironically.

The only way modding a car is going to void the insurance is if you have undeclared performance mod's or illegal modifications.

Sticker away as long as his mam's alright with it.

That would be the rational thinking, but we all know what lengths insurance firms go to to avoid claims.

Talking of stickers, I will have to invest in more for the new car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Where does everybody get these stickers? There beast! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

Not my cup of tea..........

Limbo123 wrote: »
    Not my cup of tea..........

That's quite alright :D ...................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Always threatened to get one of these stickers for the Bora,but then i realised it was basically just advertising in sticker form how potentially sad my life was at that point that i needed to guage my car against a tiny wheezey Japanese engine inside a honda civic* :D

vtec_this_sticker.jpg

*i may or may not believe this to be true.

tossy wrote: »
    Always threatened to get one of these stickers for the Bora,but then i realised it was basically just advertising in sticker form how potentially sad my life was at that point that i needed to guage my car against a tiny wheezey Japanese engine inside a honda civic* :D

vtec_this_sticker.jpg

*i may or may not believe this to be true.

not exactly what i was thinkin on :P but that sticker is very comman around here :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

fanadman1 wrote: »
    not exactly what i was thinkin on :P but that sticker is very comman around here :P

That's part of the reason i went off it,too many dreamer diesel drivers have it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭treecreeper

hey these are fantastic.
    i have just crashed my adapted van (for disability) :( and regret putting the 'amazing' purple and pink flowers all over it.
    every little glitch you make either parking, over taking, moving out, moving along, is monitored. next time "Ah do you see HER again? she is the one who..."
    well now the said van is wrapped around a tree,which i took down in the process, i need to get a new van for my mobility scooter and wheelchairs.
    but never again putting stickers on the frigging outside.
    i am an impecible driver! so i am told, i believed it until the tree greeted me in not a welcomed fashion. my whole life shot past me..it was NOT pink and purple pretty either.

• Advertisement

Do these stickers have to painted with any sort of finish, once applied to say a petrol cap or even if the sticker bomb is inside the car?

Do these stickers have to painted with any sort of finish, once applied to say a petrol cap or even if the sticker bomb is inside the car?

If your stickerbombing then i wouldnt do it without a few coats of clear over them, gives it a much better finish and protects them from peeling

If your stickerbombing then i wouldnt do it without a few coats of clear over them, gives it a much better finish and protects them from peeling

Ah right, Clear what though? Im new to the whole modifed/Sticker scene. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Is the Yaris getting the treatment?

Is the Yaris getting the treatment?

Oh god no. :D Im planing on buying a mk2 sporting punto, From a good friend. ;) Might do abit on the front left wheel arch and the petrol cap. :cool:

The yaris is running just about. I have to charge it at night, its as bad a my nokia. Somehow the car is draining the battery. The local mechanic(who had no clue what was wrong with it) is bringing it into work one of the days soon. As he works with another lad that is supposed to be mighty with the cars.

But sticker bombing the yaris, :rolleyes: Jaysus. I can just imagine the stickers covered with cow sh1t. Oh dear.:pac:

• Advertisement

a coat of clear lacquer ;) , just do it with plenty of light coats, cans are cheap enough

a coat of clear lacquer ;) , just do it with plenty of light coats, cans are cheap enough

Oh right. Clear varnish wouldent work? Would it? I know this is probly a stupid quistion. But sure if you dont ask, you wont know. ;)

Oh right. Clear varnish wouldent work? Would it? I know this is probly a stupid quistion. But sure if you dont ask, you wont know. ;)

Varnish is for wood, use this on top of the stickers and clean the panels with this first to ensure the stickers stick.

And while you're doing all that, subscribe to these lads. :)

Varnish is for wood, use this on top of the stickers and clean the panels with this first to ensure the stickers stick.

And while you're doing all that, subscribe to these lads. :)

Oh dear! :o, Oh right cheers, Am I that much of a nOOb? :o

Ah, I'm still a noob too, we all have to learn somewhere though. :)

Ah, I'm still a noob too, we all have to learn somewhere though. :)

Ya, Ive learned abit since I gotten into boards. Well still though, Id say I could write all the stuff I know on a postage stamp. And you would still have room to write a 1000 word essay on it. :D

But the video is very helpful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

get the one that says "no fat chicks, car will scrape"that brilliant

get the one that says "no fat chicks, car will scrape"that brilliant

Have you that on your car?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭diarmo111

if its a four door car.....4 doors 4 more whores :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

if anybody is looking for stickers check thestickyrings.com
    great site and fast delivery

• Advertisement