Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VISA Process - your advice / comments

Options
  • 29-12-2011 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Just thought I would put up a post on visa applications. I am in the process, just started, of applying for a temporary work visa and would like to know if other people are doing the same or have done?
    I am an IT graduate working at the mo but have become increasingly worried about the euro etc, so my wife and I have decided that you only live once!!

Anybody in the same boat or similar or are over there now.?
    How easy is it finding work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

A temp work visa? a 457?

Please search the forum - hundreds of past threads about this, if you don't have a sponsor it can be difficult to get one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Forcefield

176 visa - sorry to confuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

do a search on the forum - hundreds of people have done it and have given feedback (inc me) - unless you have specific questions, I'll close the thread

process is: Skills assessment (4-12 weeks) -> Visa apply (long wait) -> Health +garda certs -> visa -> Aus

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

hussey wrote: »
    -> Visa apply (long wait) ->

this, i applied allmost 12mths ago to the day and iam still waiting, iam just so sick of the waiting at this stage it isn't even funny:mad::mad::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭DeclanClune

Packing up and moving abroad is a major life changing experience for people and not necessarily for everyone. That being said, the Irish ecmenic situation hasn't left people with many choices now and making the move Down Under has become a necessity rather than a choice for many people.

The 176 visa will give you permanent residency in Australia for you and your family/partner.

A high level summary of the procedure is to get your skills assessed, get state approval and lodge your visa application. The timeframe is lengthy - anywhere from 6 - 12 months and the Immigration fees and some assessing body fees are hefty.

Be aware that if your application does not meet the requirements
    - even though you pay all the fees and waited months for DIAC to review your file - your application could be rejected and you will not be refunded any of your fees! My advise - make sure your applciation is lodged correctly in the first place.

To make matters worse, time is against those looking to make the move.
    DIAC will be changing their skilled visa process on 1 July of this year so you need to get your application in and lodged quickly.

Under the new system, you must register an expression of interest and then based on the points awarded - DIAC might invite you to lodge a visa application. But there is no guarantee that you will be invited to apply.

You shouild get your application lodged ASAP to avoid any uncertainly.

Hope this helps.

Declan Clune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 patrick mick

hi can anyone help me ,my friend got married to a irish man last year and moved here ,she has stamp4 visa but he beat her and she left him now that visa runs out and some said she had to go home pls can anyone help

hi can anyone help me ,my friend got married to a irish man last year and moved here ,she has stamp4 visa but he beat her and she left him now that visa runs out and some said she had to go home pls can anyone help

Can you be a bit more clear. Where is 'here' Ireland?
    If so then I'll move to legal forum. As this forum is about Irish in Australia/New Zealand

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Pussnboots

sorry for blonde question but how would one go about getting a state to sponsor them? I have a friend thinkin of applying for this visa and its a little bit confusing witht he amount of apaper work
    thanks in advanced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭DeclanClune

Pussnboots wrote: »
    sorry for blonde question but how would one go about getting a state to sponsor them? I have a friend thinkin of applying for this visa and its a little bit confusing witht he amount of apaper work
    thanks in advanced

Hi Pussinboots,

There is a lot of detail required for the state application
    from your contacts in Australia to reasons why you want to go there. There is a good bit of work in the application asidefrom the actual applciation form and important to spend time on it if you want to be sure of getting your application through successfully.

We have lodged several state applications to each state across Australia. Some states are more difficult to meet the requirements than others and the state processing timeframes differ from state to state.

Hope this helps.

Declan Clune

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Pope John 11

Guys, need some help with regard a visa application:

I am not too sure which visa I should be applying for,

1. 457 - Business
    2. Skilled - Independent (Migrant) (subclass 175) visa
    3. 176

I am over the age of 30 and will need to do the IELTS exam.

As an Engineer, I would be on the SOL list, I think for most states.

Which visa would be the quickest to get, and the advs and disadvs of both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

If you can get a 175 get a 175 takes the longest
    Other wise go a 176
    Then if you can get a sponsor a 457

Advertisement