Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This is SERIOUSLY taking the píss...

Options
  • 29-12-2011 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭

Now I've see this car knocking about the localish townland...

I'm getting very fed up of seeing it

But why?

Have a gawk at the screen...
    Image089.jpg

And where did I see it today?
    Image090.jpg

Photobucket wouldn't let me upload the full size image, so I've attached them instead

Sorry mods if this thread is inappropiate, I just want to show people the hard necks some people have :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

Is the Insurance date 05? Why not report it to the guards instead of crying about it on the internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

vetstu wrote: »
    Is the Insurance date 05? Why not report it to the guards instead of crying about it on the internet?

Yes it is :eek:

Believe me, I've been into the Gardai many, many times and its still going about. I've lost faith at this stage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

What year is the car - the number plate is so dirty I can't make it out.
    Just wondering if it also overdue for NCT and if the tax is up to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

dgt wrote: »
    Yes it is :eek:

Believe me, I've been into the Gardai many, many times and its still going about. I've lost faith at this stage :(

Report it to the insurance company.

stoneill wrote: »
    What year is the car - the number plate is so dirty I can't make it out.
    Just wondering if it also overdue for NCT and if the tax is up to date.

The numberplate is conveniently dirty isn't it :rolleyes:

It's an 02 registered car, I couldn't get a decent snap due to the obnoxiously parked lorrey in the 2nd pic :rolleyes:

Tax out 08/06 :rolleyes: you can zoom in to see it better

There isn't even a holder for the nct!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I could be wrong but the tax looks like it's up since Oct 06! I don't think we need to think too hard about the NCT if that is how things are! Incredible that you've reported it several times with nothing being done!

Confab wrote: »

I would love to but I need to get a better pic of it's numberplate in a cleaner state. I can't make out the reg in this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

What would reporting it to the Insurance Company achieve?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

How recent is that picture? That's only a 5 minute walk from the Garda station, give them a bell tell them you saw an uninsured (explain the discs) driver park it up and you expect them back shortly. If they are caught driving it the car will be taken off them and I doubt they would pay to get it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Is that Navan? If so, how the hell are they driving it around without being caught!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Any parking inspectors in that area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

That's very cheeky :mad:

Vikings wrote: »
    How recent is that picture? That's only a 5 minute walk from the Garda station, give them a bell tell them you saw an uninsured (explain the discs) driver park it up and you expect them back shortly. If they are caught driving it the car will be taken off them and I doubt they would pay to get it back.

Taken this morning about 12 pm. I was in with them again about it
    ottostreet wrote: »
    Is that Navan? If so, how the hell are they driving it around without being caught!

Yes it is, kennedy plaza. That car makes an appearance there now and again on a regular basis.
    Tallon wrote: »
    Any parking inspectors in that area?

I haven't seen any around the town in months, I'd say theyre still about though. Then again I'm not around as much as I used to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Don't report it to the local station. Report it to traffic watch and insist they log it. Once its logged, the local station have to investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Could be an undercover Garda car trying to fit in with the underground tax dodging uninsured massive out there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Unbelievable stuff that it hasn't met a checkpoint in the last 6 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

What about ANPR which all Traffic cars have.. Its beyond belief..

-Corkie- wrote: »

Are they all equipped?

MugMugs wrote: »
    Are they all equipped?

All the new Traffic Corps are anyway and most of the older ones too.

Are they all equipped?

All the new Traffic Corps are anyway and most of the older ones too.

*books NCT*

:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

with that dirty reg??

with that dirty reg??

Point being it would be pulled if it can't be read.

I've been pulled for a mucky reg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

If you think that is bad my neighbours son is a guard, hes staying with hes parents for Christmas.

The guy living next to him well call him joe, has hes car parked directly in front of the guards car across from there houses.

Joe has no licence, tax, insurance or nct on the car and he is driving it every day.

There isnt even a disc holder on the window for f**k sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

In fairness there could be a chance that the car is insured and the owner can't be arsed displaying the disc. I doubt its taxed or NCTd though.

with that dirty reg??
    Thats true but the front reg wont be as dirty.
    *books NCT*

:P

They cannot pick up expired NCT ATM but they will soon. I read all this over in the Emergency services Forum btw..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Confab wrote: »
    dgt wrote: »
    I would love to but I need to get a better pic of it's numberplate in a cleaner state. I can't make out the reg in this one

:rolleyes: = :confused::confused::confused:
    Gophur wrote: »
    What would reporting it to the Insurance Company achieve?

Exactly - It's not insured. So which insurance company would you report it to and why would it be of any interest to them??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Good ol navan, cops with blinkers around my homewtown.... except when my tax is out by a week....

• Registered Users Posts: 65,404 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

In my experience there are very few, if any, checkpoints outside the Dublin area. Shame on the Gardai for that. They could alleviate the financial pain the state is in by collecting tax / fining tax dodgers and yet they do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

unkel wrote: »
    In my experience there are very few, if any, checkpoints outside the Dublin area. Shame on the Gardai for that. They could alleviate the financial pain the state is in by collecting tax / fining tax dodgers and yet they do nothing.
    you can say that again while i haven't being driving that long only since June i have yet to meet a gardai checkpoint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

unkel wrote: »

Completely agree, lived and drove in Dublin for 5 years and would meet a checkpoint once every 2 months. I drive 20k+ km p/a now, mostly rural with business and have not seen a single checkpoint in the 2 years I have been doing it.

Advertisement