Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This is SERIOUSLY taking the píss...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

looking at the image, it looks like the dirt has been splashed on the plate, so that it is not legible, i bet the front plate is like that also,
    i do hope there is a garda on here and sees this and does something about,
    it should be put over on their forum to see if they would look into it and take it off the road,
    i pay insurance to be able to pay the expenses to other parties, should i injure them with my car, this person i bet, would not have the cash to pay out on an injury to others, do us all a favoour and highlight it on the garda thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

goat2 wrote: »
    looking at the image, it looks like the dirt has been splashed on the plate, so that it is not legible, i bet the front plate is like that also,
    i do hope there is a garda on here and sees this and does something about,
    it should be put over on their forum to see if they would look into it and take it off the road,
    i pay insurance to be able to pay the expenses to other parties, should i injure them with my car, this person i bet, would not have the cash to pay out on an injury to others, do us all a favoour and highlight it on the garda thread

Driver is a woman, when I was coming back to my car she was waiting for that particular space.

Where that car parks is a particularly busy part of the town, shoppers, children and teens running about... What if they were to have an accident with such a pedestrian?

Wow! That is ridiculous! TBH not really surprised the gardaí don't do anything...

how is she has not been seen, i would not go out in my car without tax and insurance and nct on car, as i know i will be caught within an hour of getting on main road, i cannot beleive she is going with seven yrs without her discs,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Gophur wrote: »
    What would reporting it to the Insurance Company achieve?

it doesnt have an Insurance Co...isnt that the point?

• Advertisement

i am shocked, that a person drive an uninsured and untaxed vehicle for so long, and have the neck to drive nto town without getting caught

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

unkel wrote: »
    In my experience there are very few, if any, checkpoints outside the Dublin area. Shame on the Gardai for that. They could alleviate the financial pain the state is in by collecting tax / fining tax dodgers and yet they do nothing.

Can't remember the last time I came across a checkpoint. It's been over 6 months anyway, in which I've probably driven 8-10k miles. Yet apparently there's checkpoints every day (so they claim)
    MugMugs wrote: »
    What? Who's to say they havent? Stop trying to Garda Bash!

I love how if any other profession gets criticism for not doing their job, it's taken as such. If it's the gardaí? Garda bashing.

Now, I'm sorry, but if you consider a car with over 6 years out of insurance on the road as the gardaí doing their job right.... :rolleyes:

you can say that again while i haven't being driving that long only since June i have yet to meet a gardai checkpoint
    if you were living in cork, kerry, waterford, limerick you would meet plenty checkpoints, so it must be different in some parts of country, or you live in a quiet part of the country, but for someone to say there are none outside dublin is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

dgt wrote: »
    , I couldn't get a decent snap due to the obnoxiously parked lorrey in the 2nd pic :rolleyes:

That kind of rubbish gets on my nerves, you would have that trucker go down the road and park in the special multi-storey truck park I suppose **triple rolleyes**

JMSE wrote: »
    That kind of rubbish gets on my nerves, you would have that trucker go down the road and park in the special multi-storey truck park I suppose **triple rolleyes**

Were you the truck driver?
    1. That isn't a space
    2. There are designated delivery spaces round the corner. Iirc there was a Range Rover not too far from said delivery spot and certainly not blocking it
    3. Because that was parked there it made everything slow down in the car park trying to get around it

Note I got a much better pic, the lorrey was gone. Now isn't that a coincidence?

I'd suggest looking around before making such comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

goat2 wrote: »
    if you were living in cork, kerry, waterford, limerick you would meet plenty checkpoints, so it must be different in some parts of country, or you live in a quiet part of the country, but for someone to say there are none outside dublin is wrong
    i live in the town would do a good bit of driving in town and to the other halfs house so use the dual carriage and through small villages.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'll try the traffic corps instead :)

Do try traffic watch and insist they log a call. You will most likely have the person on the phone trying to get you to report it at a local station. Insist they do it. Say you saw the car driving with no insurance, tax and NCT. Add in erratic as well.

Once its logged and reported by traffic watch its given to the local super or station. He will then decide to pursue it or not. By choosing to ignore it and said person having a serious crash, his career or any member of the force in the station career aspirations will disappear and questions will be asked if its ignored.

Do try traffic watch and insist they log a call. You will most likely have the person on the phone trying to get you to report it at a local station. Insist they do it. Say you saw the car driving with no insurance, tax and NCT. Add in erratic as well.

Once its logged and reported by traffic watch its given to the local super or station. He will then decide to pursue it or not. By choosing to ignore it and said person having a serious crash, his career or any member of the force in the station career aspirations will disappear and questions will be asked if its ignored.

I can't add in stuff that didn't happen, I've only witnessed the car driving in a normal manner on more than one occasion. Previous dates are fuzzy but I have a date this time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

You're missing my point. If he SORN'D the car, what's stopping him driving it? The Gardai aren't catching him as it is, how would a SORN change things?

Cause anpr only picks up SORNed cars... you would have the fine otherwise for not taxing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Gardai in Navan are pretty "relaxed" about their jobs alright...

Just across from the barracks - about 2 mins walk from where the OP's pictures were taken - is a post office. For most of the year, cars park illegally right outside this post office - and in plain view of the Garda station - holding up traffic and generally getting in the way.

Only on the 4th week of a given month/quarter will the Gardai be out - no targets to meet eh? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

She is probaly an informer.

Your'e not the only one saying that :rolleyes:

i doubt it,
    just a law breaker

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

furtzy wrote: »
    Because if he hadn't it SORN'ed he would get a fine in the post for not renewing his tax. No need for checkpoints or ANPR at all

But isnt the point that if this vehicle has been picked up by an ANPR it would have been sorted long ago? How would a SORN change this ?
    I love how if any other profession gets criticism for not doing their job, it's taken as such. If it's the gardaí? Garda bashing.

Now, I'm sorry, but if you consider a car with over 6 years out of insurance on the road as the gardaí doing their job right.... :rolleyes:

I hate how people feel the need to continually bash those who do a very hard job for very little money and even less thanks. (and I am not a member if anybody is thinking it)

I am not saying they are perfect and cannot be lazy at times but who isn't guilty of that.

In relation to your apology and following statement.... let me spell it out.

You do not know how long that motor has been on the road like that nor do you know when it is on the road for what duration or where it is on the road. It's highly unlikely that it hasn't hit a check at one stage IF it had been driven for such a prolonged period.... but who's to know if it has or not and as such you and everybody else should really reserve judgement until you can actually back up your criticism. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Leave a goddam note on the car saying 'reported to the CIA for extraordinary rendition' FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

But isnt the point that if this vehicle has been picked up by an ANPR it would have been sorted long ago? How would a SORN change this ? ...
    SORN is operated by the DVLA / NIDVLA, not the police forces. They send out renewal notices and automatic fines for untaxed vehicles where no current SORN exists, flagging them with "no current tax" markers on the UK police forces' ANPR system. If the police stop a car for no tax and there is no SORN, the driver / keeper is in trouble.

If a car triggers a speed camera, has a parking ticket issued or otherwise comes to the attention of the police, the DVLA or local authority and there is a current SORN on file, then the police may be entitled to seize the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Were you the truck driver? That isn't a space. There are designated delivery spaces round the corner. Iirc there was a Range Rover not too far from said delivery spot and certainly not blocking it. Because that was parked there it made everything slow down in the car park trying to get around it. Note I got a much better pic, the lorrey was gone. Now isn't that a coincidence?

Not this time, but maybe next. Old shopping areas like you were shopping in were poorly designed by engineers who didnt think of where the truck driver should unload, its a recurring feature in almost all commercial developments. Thanks be to God for landmark Rangerovers thats what I always say too, but how do you know that the loading bay was free when the lorry driver needed it, also, would he have then had to wheel his pallets down steps ffs? And as for your coincidence .... Jim Corr will be on this in no time!

Your thread wasnt a bad one, sometimes I wake up bitchin about this and that but then you went and criticised someone doing their job and now get double bitchy when picked up on it. Get up the yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I hate how people feel the need to continually bash those who do a very hard job for very little money and even less thanks. (and I am not a member if anybody is thinking it)

I am not saying they are perfect and cannot be lazy at times but who isn't guilty of that.

It's called criticism, not bashing. Would you prefer that the gardaí actually came under criticism for not doing an adequate job (which seems to be a general opinion judging by responses) or would you rather everyone kept their mouth shut and they continue doing less than adequate work without any criticism? That's how people become "lazy" in the first place - not getting a kick up the arse for not doing your job properly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

mathepac wrote: »
    SORN is operated by the DVLA / NIDVLA, not the police forces. They send out renewal notices and automatic fines for untaxed vehicles where no current SORN exists, flagging them with "no current tax" markers on the UK police forces' ANPR system. If the police stop a car for no tax and there is no SORN, the driver / keeper is in trouble.

If a car triggers a speed camera, has a parking ticket issued or otherwise comes to the attention of the police, the DVLA or local authority and there is a current SORN on file, then the police may be entitled to seize the car.

It's a fine system, but it only works in a country where these things are actually checked.
    I'd say when it comes in, it's a case of declaring your car off the road, stick to backroads and see for how long you can get lucky.

JMSE wrote: »
    Not this time, but maybe next. Old shopping areas like you were shopping in were poorly designed by engineers who didnt think of where the truck driver should unload, its a recurring feature in almost all commercial developments. Thanks be to God for landmark Rangerovers thats what I always say too, but how do you know that the loading bay was free when the lorry driver needed it, also, would he have then had to wheel his pallets down steps ffs? And as for your coincidence .... Jim Corr will be on this in no time!

Your thread wasnt a bad one, sometimes I wake up bitchin about this and that but then you went and criticised someone doing their job and now get double bitchy when picked up on it. Get up the yard.

Well you certainly must remember what this park was like before they did it up.

I drive a panel van now and again. I certainly make sure that people can get by if I have to park in a hurry.

I was anything but shopping, believe me. Don't even start on conscience

Yes, good point, it could have been taken up when he got there. Shame on me for not thinking of that.

But thats no excuse to park in such a way a miserable rat pass is left on one side for people to drive by, hence slowing down everything. They could have at least parked up nearer to the cars where I took the picture from and opened up the rat pass at least to let bigger vehicles through at least. There would have been more than enough room to operate the taildoor and space to work as there were not many about in that particular area.

You want a miserable situation? My dad used to be an artic driver in the 80s. He politely asked a yard he had to collect stuff from was there room to turn, they said yes. He got there and couldn't see anywhere so he asked again. They said there was and pointed to the beach. He said that was the daftest idea ever and was forced to reverse a mile and a half back up a narrow lane. He told me many more stories of narrow roads, checkpionts, documentation, customs, weighbridges etc if you want me to dish those out too but I really don't see the point.

My point is everyone makes mistakes. I always side with truck drivers and couriers when I can, but today there was no excuse to park in such a poor manner and force people into a tight situation.

End of ot post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

when was this photo taken? it could have been taken in 2005 and then the car would be fine. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Unbelievable stuff that it hasn't met a checkpoint in the last 6 years.
    I know someone who drove a car from '05 until this earlier year without tax or NCT. They met several checkpoints and not a word was said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

But isnt the point that if this vehicle has been picked up by an ANPR it would have been sorted long ago? How would a SORN change this ?

The DVLA automatically send a fine to the registered owner of an untaxed car unless it is SORN'ed. If the fine is ignored then the DVLA sell the debt on to a debt collection agency who have power of seizure of goods to the value of the fine + penalties plus their fee. Also if this car is stopped by the cops its an automatic seizure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Now I've see this car knocking about the localish townland...

I'm getting very fed up of seeing it

But why?

Have a gawk at the screen...
    Image089.jpg

And where did I see it today?
    Image090.jpg

Photobucket wouldn't let me upload the full size image, so I've attached them instead

Sorry mods if this thread is inappropiate, I just want to show people the hard necks some people have :rolleyes:

do you know for certain that this person is uninsured?

do you follow dole payee's home to ensure they don't work too?

FFS- its little ye have to worry about.

*don't codone uninsured drivers etc, just hate the ninny picking "aggreived" people*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

It's called criticism, not bashing. Would you prefer that the gardaí actually came under criticism for not doing an adequate job (which seems to be a general opinion judging by responses) or would you rather everyone kept their mouth shut and they continue doing less than adequate work without any criticism? That's how people become "lazy" in the first place - not getting a kick up the arse for not doing your job properly.

Sorry.... Yeah, you're dead right. How could I miss it.

Let's ignore this, this, this, this and this.

Lets just go and hammer the small man because of the short comings of the people we put into power. That's the easy way out :rolleyes:
    furtzy wrote: »
    The DVLA automatically send a fine to the registered owner of an untaxed car unless it is SORN'ed. If the fine is ignored then the DVLA sell the debt on to a debt collection agency who have power of seizure of goods to the value of the fine + penalties plus their fee. Also if this car is stopped by the cops its an automatic seizure

Point I am making is that this vehicle hasn't been stopped or ANPR'd and that minus the factor a speed camera, this person could easily have SORN'd this motor and gotten away with it.

Advertisement