Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This is SERIOUSLY taking the píss...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

MugMugs wrote: »

Point I am making is that this vehicle hasn't been stopped or ANPR'd and that minus the factor a speed camera, this person could easily have SORN'd this motor and gotten away with it.

The DVLA also have a lovely little online link to report untaxed vehicles ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,793 ✭✭✭✭L1011

MugMugs wrote: »
    Point I am making is that this vehicle hasn't been stopped or ANPR'd and that minus the factor a speed camera, this person could easily have SORN'd this motor and gotten away with it.

It completely changes the factor of the offence. Untaxed vehicle - minor; making a false decleration to a state agency - major.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

MYOB wrote: »
    It completely changes the factor of the offence. Untaxed vehicle - minor; making a false decleration to a state agency - major.

Also driving a SORN'ed vehicle voids your insurance....even bigger offence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I live in an estate in Dublin 15 with about 300 houses and with some houses having 2 cars and others none, let's say there are roughly 300 cars in the estate.

There are no driveways so everyone parks on the road and after reading a similar thread before I was curious to see how big a problem it is. So when out walking the dog I glanced at the windows of some cars on my route (about 80-100 cars) and I'd say at least 1 in 4 had a tax disc that was over 3 months out of date. Some were 6 months plus and a couple were over a year.

As for the Gardai, there used to be one parked outside my house who's tax was over 18 months out of date and I rang them to see could get do anything about it and they said it wasn't their problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

thebullkf wrote: »
    do you know for certain that this person is uninsured?

do you follow dole payee's home to ensure they don't work too?

FFS- its little ye have to worry about.

*don't codone uninsured drivers etc, just hate the ninny picking "aggreived" people*

Well if you feel you want to prop this individual up go ahead. Pay for their food too, go right ahead.

If youre caught without a valid insurance cert its quite a hefty fine in court.

Its that sort of miserable, ninny picking, backward "mind your own buisness" attitude that has this country in the state its in today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Only on the boards.ie Motoring forum can someone post a genuine grievance and still be attacked. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

dgt wrote: »
    Well if you feel you want to prop this individual up go ahead. Pay for their food too, go right ahead.

If youre caught without a valid insurance cert its quite a hefty fine in court.

Its that sort of miserable, ninny picking, backward "mind your own buisness" attitude that has this country in the state its in today

Alas you are mistaken....divide and conquer is whats destroyed/destroying us.....people complaining about relatively insignificant things cos they haven't got the balls,inclination or the moral turpitude to complain about the real issues affecting us all..!

You still didn't answer my question btw...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

MYOB wrote: »

True. But this person clearly doesn't really care. If they are uninsured and un-taxed for that long then I can't see them having much of an issue making a false declaration.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Only on the boards.ie Motoring forum can someone post a genuine grievance and still be attacked. :p

I thank you, you are on the money, +1000, absolutely right, someone could post "I've been beaten up by scumbags" and be savaged by what basically amounts to nothing but rampant troll-ism.
    A motorist with no tax is a nuisance and an annoyance, but a motorist without insurance is a scumbag and needs to be pointed out.
    And if anyone has a problem with that, they are part of the problem.
    With us or against us. Choose.
    And that goes for the local breakfast roll connoisseurs as well, aka law "enforcement", aka "nothing to do with us", aka "I'm just typing it up on my invisible type-writer"
    If the person is insured he has to display a disk.
    It That Simple Stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

At least the untaxed Car is only Yaris 1.0 L :D

Pity it wasn't a Merc 500 or a 750 Bmw and the craic would be great in here.

or maybe its a 1.3 or god forbid a 1.4 diesel, and that's why its not taxed.:eek:

• Advertisement

Alas you are mistaken....divide and conquer is whats destroyed/destroying us.....people complaining about relatively insignificant things cos they haven't got the balls,inclination or the moral turpitude to complain about the real issues affecting us all..!

You still didn't answer my question btw...

Mistaken? I think thats where you're wrong. Did you even read the thread? I have on many occasions reported this vehicle and I decided to put this up when I seen it again, large as life. If anything, you should be out there doing something instead of having a petty go at me for trying to do something right

Do I know if its uninsured? No I don't know for sure. But what idiot gets a car insured and never puts up a valid disc? :confused:

Do I follow people home after a dole payment to see if they're working? No as it seems you have that covered :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Mistaken? I think thats where you're wrong. Did you even read the thread? I have on many occasions reported this vehicle and I decided to put this up when I seen it again, large as life. If anything, you should be out there doing something instead of having a petty go at me for trying to do something right

you really have missed the point.
    Do I know if its uninsured? No I don't know for sure. But what idiot gets a car insured and never puts up a valid disc? :confused:

so now its idiotic.. ffs get a life.
    Do I follow people home after a dole payment to see if they're working? No as it seems you have that covered :rolleyes:

how do i have it covered:confused:

you really missed my point. i'm not surprised.

you really have missed the point.
    Right lets start again :) What point exactly? Seems I did miss something
    so now its idiotic.. ffs get a life.

To have no valid insurance disc? Think about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

charlemont wrote: »
    Your taking somebody else's business very personal, Ain't you ?

Whoever it is has some neck though but I'm sure he doesn't give a damn either.
    are you another one with not up to date insurance and tax?????????people like that dont give a feck about others, we pay our insurance and tax, cos how do you know when you go out on the road and be envolved in an accident, rear end some one like it happend to me the week before xmas .luckely she was up to date, she said she skided on ice, there was no ice that day just rain, anyway thta sickens me to see 05 insurance, what will they be thinking in the new year when these new penality points come in, will that be one of them 10 points for out of date disc.if not it should be. i know of some one who had to pay up for tax for two years cos they didnt tax car for two yrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

cats.life wrote: »
    are you another one with not up to date insurance and tax?????????people like that dont give a feck about others, we pay our insurance and tax, cos how do you know when you go out on the road and be envolved in an accident, rear end some one like it happend to me the week before xmas .luckely she was up to date, she said she skided on ice, there was no ice that day just rain, anyway thta sickens me to see 05 insurance, what will they be thinking in the new year when these new penality points come in, will that be one of them 10 points for out of date disc.if not it should be. i know of some one who had to pay up for tax for two years cos they didnt tax car for two yrs.

The thickness of some people amazes me, Did he/she not ever hear of an RF100 form ?

My insurance is dirt cheap so I do pay it.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

RoverJames wrote: »
    I live a stones throw from Cork City Centre and see quite a few if them regularly :) Strangely enough, haven't been stopped this festive season as yet. I've encountered checkpoints in the morning on the way to work about 5/6 times in 2011.

Yup! I've driven through quite a few on the Rosslare road past Midleton. You sometimes see checkpoints on McCurtain St. I've even been stopped by the Gards in Spring Lane!! Only once have I been asked to produce my licence.

He waved me on once he saw the rent was fully paid on the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Yup! I've driven through quite a few on the Rosslare road past Midleton. You sometimes see checkpoints on McCurtain St. I've even been stopped by the Gards in Spring Lane!! Only once have I been asked to produce my licence.

He waved me on once he saw the rent was fully paid on the car.

Was that around the time of the budget ?? I was there too that day.

I find the slip road onto the dual carraigeway by Casey's Cross just before Kinsale Rd Roundabout is a likely spot in the mornings, South Terrace at night, so too Sherman Crawford Street and also before SilverSprings coming from the city. I reckon the AGS have quite a decent presence in and around Cork City traffic wise. I certainly wouldn't drive around the city at night in a car without tax (more than a month expired) or insurance without expecting to be caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Caddyvanman

OK a couple of things:

1. it may be just a law breaker,
    2. or it may be a traders car for his woman,(so its insured when she drives it)
    3. it may have false/dupliicate plates on it belonging to some law abiding citizen, who is fully legal: nct, tax, and insurance, (who has no idea his car is cloned). There goes your fancy ANPR.
    4. it might not be registered to the person driving. So fines goes to pervious owner.

To the op, take the reg to the garda station, and ask them if its registered to a motor dealer, (tell them you'er thinking about buying it and got a funny feeling about it) they should be able to tell you, also when/if they look it up on pulse they can tell if its taxed and insured.

Also op if your so bothered why don't you make up a notice:

" Your car has been reported to the garda for having NO Tax, No Nct and No Insurance displayed " and stick it under a wiper ! and wait and see the look on there face.

Please everybody don't come back and say you can't stick something under a wiper nowadays.

OK a couple of things:

1. it may be just a law breaker,
    2. or it may be a traders car for his woman,(so its insured when she drives it)
    3. it may have false/dupliicate plates on it belonging to some law abiding citizen, who is fully legal: nct, tax, and insurance, (who has no idea his car is cloned). There goes your fancy ANPR.
    4. it might not be registered to the person driving. So fines goes to pervious owner.

Good point: I know someone who had a Sierra that as never in their name for the duration they had it. Also possible the traders route. I couldn't see any green plates though

At the end of the day I don't know what the full story is behind that car but it has been knocking around in that state for quite some time by now.

I really don't know how they're getting away with a cert that's almost 7 years out of date though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Tallon wrote: »
    Any parking inspectors in that area?
    No, you dont have to pay to park in that area so no lads checking parking tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

To have no valid insurance disc? Think about it!

...it may have been pointed out already, but an out-of-date ins disc does not mean no insurance. The only offence that be stated as fact, based on the pictures, is that of Non-Display of Insurance Disc. And ditto for the Tax Disc, for that matter.

Anyting else is conjecture.

And, as for repeatedly reporting the vehicle to AGS, you're setting yourself up for a fall, imho. Woetide you ever break a speedlimit, tax renewal date, NCT appointment, and get reported yourself...........

Last time I checked, policing of the country is AGS' function, not anyone else's.....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...it may have been pointed out already, but an out-of-date ins disc does not mean no insurance. The only offence that be stated as fact, based on the pictures, is that of Non-Display of Insurance Disc. And ditto for the Tax Disc, for that matter.

Anyting else is conjecture.

And, as for repeatedly reporting the vehicle to AGS, you're setting yourself up for a fall, imho. Woetide you ever break a speedlimit, tax renewal date, NCT appointment, and get reported yourself...........

Last time I checked, policing of the country is AGS' function, not anyone else's.....

True on the ins disc, temp cover gives no disc for example.

Ignoring the ins disc for the moment, tax out over 5 years and no nct holder does not help the situation. To me a car with road tax out that length of time should definately be anything but on public roads. Isn't it an offence to not display a valid tax disc?

As for any of the above you mentioned, if they happen at least I have a valid insurance disc. Were all not perfect at the end of the day ;)

I just can't see the mentality of driving with a disc 6 years out of date, at least take it down and not draw as much attention.

I guess you are right though and leave it to the people who do this job :)

As for Kennedy plaza its pay and display, 1.40 an hour :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

charlemont wrote: »
    Was that around the time of the budget ?? I was there too that day.

No - this was in August. I remember the day well, as earlier that day, my car was side-swiped in the City Centre. Fortunately, I managed to catch the guy, but still...

You can imagine how pi$$ed off I was!

Just thought i'd give an update:P Saw this car parked outside funk'd yesterday with the same discs. ****in disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Just thought i'd give an update:P Saw this car parked outside funk'd yesterday with the same discs. ****in disgrace

HUH?

johnos1984 wrote: »
    HUH?

Same car park as in the pictures that were posted before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Same car park as in the pictures that were posted before.

In the first post?

Shocking though and thanks for the update

johnos1984 wrote: »
    In the first post?

Shocking though and thanks for the update

Yes & no problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,298 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Was the number plate still illegible? Blast it with.... :D

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement