Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Rip Off

Options
  • 29-12-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Got my line reconnected with eircom 2 months ago.
    Signed up to a package that was €24.99 for first six months then 52 from then on.
    So got my first months bill which was €22.15 which was for the line rental for the first month in advance.
    This was done they say because the broadband was not connected until 4 days after the line was connected and they can't charge for some thing i don't have.

Second bill came and it was for €52. On ringing eircom to find out why it was so much i was told that 24.99 was my package for that month and the balance was the charge for my broadband which was not charged on the previous bill.

So basically because my broadband was not connected until 4 days after my line was the first month cost me nearly the full price instead of the introducary offer price.

I signed up over the phone and was told that my first month i would be charged for line rental only and after that it would be 24.99. it seems absolutley crazy that i am being charged an extra €25 for not having broadband for 4 days.

Anyone else had this experience as it seems like a complete rip off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

silent gav wrote: »
    Got my line reconnected with eircom 2 months ago.
    Signed up to a package that was €24.99 for first six months then 52 from then on.
    So got my first months bill which was €22.15 which was for the line rental for the first month in advance.
    This was done they say because the broadband was not connected until 4 days after the line was connected and they can't charge for some thing i don't have.

Second bill came and it was for €52. On ringing eircom to find out why it was so much i was told that 24.99 was my package for that month and the balance was the charge for my broadband which was not charged on the previous bill.

So basically because my broadband was not connected until 4 days after my line was the first month cost me nearly the full price instead of the introducary offer price.

I signed up over the phone and was told that my first month i would be charged for line rental only and after that it would be 24.99. it seems absolutley crazy that i am being charged an extra €25 for not having broadband for 4 days.

Anyone else had this experience as it seems like a complete rip off.

Hi silent gav,

Can you PM me with your eircom account number and I will look into thr charges on your bill.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭silent gav

hey mark

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

silent gav wrote: »
    hey mark

pm sent

Hi PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement