Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Logitech Revue with Google TV - €117.50 inc of shipping and taxes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭patq16

I have my Revue a couple of weeks and am very impressed with what this can do and hopefully what it will be able to do in the future ,if we get some more good apps . The only downside for me is the quality of the playback from both RTE Player and Tv 3 player is very poor and blurry.Anyone else think this and is there anything that can be tweaked on the settings to improve it. Streaming from Netflix is a way clearer as is youtube even , so dont know what the story is with the rte player /Tv3......

I thought i was posting in the Gadgets Section but picked the wrong Logitech Revue post so if someone wants to move over to Gadgets post feel free.........

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chenz116

imitation wrote: »
    Do either of them player inside of flash in a browser ? They should be ok in that case. I don't have an account with either, but if there's anything that can be watched freely I can check it out later.

Yea both play in normal browsers but usually with add ons

skygo you need silverlight and setanta you need to install a WMP add on

did ya get a chance to check either of these out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Debating now on getting Revue or new Roku XS just announced for IRL/UK

Anybody using Roku ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Debating now on getting Revue or new Roku XS just announced for IRL/UK

Anybody using Roku ?

With that username, get them both :D

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

I wish I could :) !!!

Recession says NO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭deadduck

just ordered one, thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Mine just arrived today. It was shipped from LA and arrived in under 3 days. Impressive stuff! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

kyub wrote: »
    Mine just arrived today. It was shipped from LA and arrived in under 3 days. Impressive stuff! :eek:

Mine too, but for €34.25 shipping, it'd want to be quick...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

my order appears to be taking a slower route - was really hoping to set it up over the weekend but not likely now :(

Track your package

Date Time Location Event Details
    January 12, 2012 06:13:17 AM Cincinnati Hub OH US Departure Scan
    January 12, 2012 03:50:06 AM Cincinnati Hub OH US Arrival Scan
    January 10, 2012 09:11:11 PM Phoenix AZ US Possible delay in delivery due to extra carrier processing
    January 10, 2012 07:12:50 PM Phoenix AZ US Arrival Scan
    January 10, 2012 11:28:00 AM Phoenix AZ US Shipment received by carrier

Mine just arrived from DHL. After being so excited abiout this beast I've spent the past couple of days looking at new TVs and my heart is now set on a smart tv so I'm going to sell it on. PM if your interested - cost me €120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

donnacha wrote: »
    Mine just arrived from DHL. After being so excited abiout this beast I've spent the past couple of days looking at new TVs and my heart is now set on a smart tv so I'm going to sell it on. PM if your interested - cost me €120

Be sure to know what you are getting with a "Smart TV" most have only very limited functionality and many don't have a web browser. The spec. also differs between models from the same manufacturers so check carefully what you are buying.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Anybody know if this can be used with a touchscreen monitor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

stevire wrote: »
    Anybody know if this can be used with a touchscreen monitor?

Possibly... depneds on the monitor. If the monitor sends touchscreen output via USB as mouse/HID signals then it's quite possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,452 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Why would you want a smart tv with a revue? I don't get it, doesn't a revue make a dumb telly smarter than these new fancy smart tv's?

Why would you want a smart tv with a revue? I don't get it, doesn't a revue make a dumb telly smarter than these new fancy smart tv's?

you are right - a smart tv plus a revue would make no sense.

donnacha wrote: »
    If I were you I'd keep the Revue and not buy the Smart TV. I'm no expert but I doubt the Smart TV will have anything near the functionality and potential the Revue has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭banchang

If I were you I'd keep the Revue and not buy the Smart TV. I'm no expert but I doubt the Smart TV will have anything near the functionality and potential the Revue has.

Agree with that. Also many of the smart TVs lock down to their own limited range of apps etc, whereas the Revue has Android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭talla

banchang wrote: »
    Agree with that. Also many of the smart TVs lock down to their own limited range of apps etc, whereas the Revue has Android.
    +1. I have a Samsung Smart TV and the apps are very basic bordering on worthless. Browser is very difficult to use, no picture in picture when in apps. The only item i regularly used was the DNLA app to access a NAS drive on my home network but logitech revue has replaced that functionality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Damn you BA... /grudgingly
    Ordered Friday evening, arrived yesterday morning. Much fun was had yesterday evening, setting up and playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I installed Plex on to the Revue but I can't find any plugins, are they supposed to be in the channel directory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

How does this compare with the WD TV Live Media Player? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 philipjmurphy

gerryk wrote: »
    Damn you BA... /grudgingly
    Ordered Friday evening, arrived yesterday morning. Much fun was had yesterday evening, setting up and playing.

Can you recommend where to buy the device?

Thanks in advance.

Philip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭dunworth1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I just folded after readings the last few pages. Damn Bargain Alerts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

TV3 player works fine
    RTE no picture in the 'small' screen. Picture in full screen mode is too big. Reckon I'm only seeing the top quarter of the picture. Any ideas on how to resize?

Pity the touch pad doesn't also act as the left mouse button.
    Silly as well that the back button is just under the left mouse button. Accidently hit the back button and you're back out of the iplayer / app and you have to work through all the ads again!

The media player doesn't seem to play sound on any of my avi's....
    Pity, because it's very easy to 'go to' certain point in a movie.

Still, though, worth the approx 120 euro...

There's very little apps on the market!!!
    And some are described as 'incompatibe' even though you can only access the TV market.

Isn't 3.1 the most up to date, or am I missing something?

CGI_3 wrote: »
    TV3 player works fine
    RTE no picture in the 'small' screen. Picture in full screen mode is too big. Reckon I'm only seeing the top quarter of the picture. Any ideas on how to resize?

Pity the touch pad doesn't also act as the left mouse button.
    Silly as well that the back button is just under the left mouse button. Accidently hit the back button and you're back out of the iplayer / app and you have to work through all the ads again!

The media player doesn't seem to play sound on any of my avi's....
    Pity, because it's very easy to 'go to' certain point in a movie.

Still, though, worth the approx 120 euro...

There's very little apps on the market!!!
    And some are described as 'incompatibe' even though you can only access the TV market.

Isn't 3.1 the most up to date, or am I missing something?

3.1 is it at the moment

And if you mean activating the tap to click touchpad function, then its Ctrl+shift+fn+ch/pg up. This will reset to off once rebooted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

"And if you mean activating the tap to click touchpad function, then its Ctrl+shift+fn+ch/pg up."

Where on earth did you find out this?! Will try it later. That should make browsing a whole pile easier!

Any chance you / anyone else could try the RTE player and see if you get what I'm getting. I.e., no picture in player normal browser window and a picture that needs to be resized to about a quarter (how???) on full screen mode...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭deadduck

use the XL player, it works perfect for me

http://www.rte.ie/playerxl/

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

Sod it; out of stock from Amazon, & Firemall don't ship to Ireland :mad:

• Advertisement

fishfoodie wrote: »
    Two words.....boat, and missed:D

EDIT: just checked, and its still available.

CGI_3 wrote: »
    Where on earth did you find out this?! Will try it later. That should make browsing a whole pile easier!
    Here

Personally, i find the right index for the touchpad and the left index for the mouse click button on the top left of the keYboard easiest ;)

fishfoodie wrote: »
    It's not out of stock mate. You just need to select the "more buying choices" option over on the right. Amazon are still selling it for $79.99.

It's not out of stock mate. You just need to select the "more buying choices" option over on the right. Amazon are still selling it for $79.99.

Yeah, but Amazon is out of stock or 'one to two months' ... arggh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

deadduck wrote: »
    use the XL player, it works perfect for me

http://www.rte.ie/playerxl/

Ah good stuff! Working 100% now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭concubar

help needed,
    sky+ box has only scart, no hdmi,
    is it possible to use it?
    or
    will i have to ring sky and try upgrade to sky+hd box,:mad:

could i run sky+ to my sony bluray player
    then to revue
    and then to tv:confused::confused:

bloody typical waited a week or so and now cant connect it up properly,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Looks sold out to me now, please let me know if anyone sees it available again

Link to where you're seeing this please ?

Link is gone now.

Okay folks. While the main offer is gone, it appears that Goggle & others are continuing to drop the occassional refurb on Amazon.com, I was lucky enough to grab one on the weekend by pure fluke, at the $99 price from Amazon themselves, after mercifully missing out on an overpriced one on eBay.

So keep an eye out on Amazon if anyone is still interested !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Was gonna order one 2 weeks ago, kicking myself now.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

GrumPy wrote: »
    Was gonna order one 2 weeks ago, kicking myself now.

According to Engadget Logitech have stated that they are sold out of Revue units.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

parsi wrote: »
    According to Engadget Logitech have stated that they are sold out of Revue units.

Yeah, I read this earlier myself.

Anyone know why when you go into the apps for Google TV, & click on them, most, if not all, say 'Not Compatible' ?

I thought this was a Google TV box ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

banchang wrote: »
    Anyone know why when you go into the apps for Google TV, & click on them, most, if not all, say 'Not Compatible' ?

I thought this was a Google TV box ?

It's a bug, Logitech said they just wanted to get the HC out before looking at the apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I'm having a few annoying problems with mine, Netflix keeps coming up with "We're sorry but we cannot play this title right now..." a few seconds into each video. The built in media player likes to take its sweet time indexing my usb hard disk and I was having some trouble with time sync in movies in GTVBox. Naturally all the above occurred in overdrive when I invited a few mates up to watch some movies on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

imitation wrote: »
    I'm having a few annoying problems with mine, Netflix keeps coming up with "We're sorry but we cannot play this title right now..." a few seconds into each video. The built in media player likes to take its sweet time indexing my usb hard disk and I was having some trouble with time sync in movies in GTVBox. Naturally all the above occurred in overdrive when I invited a few mates up to watch some movies on it..

I've had the same issue, presume it's Netflix at fault as sometimes it's at the start, sometimes it doesn't happen and sometimes it happens several times during a movie. Glad it happened during my free trial as I'd be very unhappy if I was shelling out some cash for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Anyone else get a lovely email from Amazon informing them of a $25 refund? Nice surprise on top of this already cool bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 philipjmurphy

Hi,

Anyone else experiencing issues with sound being out of sync when viewing RTE Player (rte.ie/playerxl), or have a solution for it?

Thanks,

Philip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

Anyone else get a lovely email from Amazon informing them of a $25 refund? Nice surprise on top of this already cool bargain.

no. why did you get a refund?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

supposed to be getting a refund anyway, got the email this morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement