Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Logitech Revue with Google TV - €117.50 inc of shipping and taxes

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭podge3

supposed to be getting a refund anyway, got the email this morning.
    Can you tell us why you are getting the refund?

Or maybe post the email contents on here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

podge3 wrote: »
    Can you tell us why you are getting the refund?

Or maybe post the email contents on here?

Email said:
    This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Logitech Revue with Google TV (Refurbished)
    Quantity: 1
    ASIN: B006HFVXSU
    Reason for refund: Export fee reduced

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Import Fee Deposit Refund: $25.61

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

What was your original imports fees deposit ?

Mine was $25.61

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

i'm guessin it was the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,452 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is there a refund available on some of the cost, I paid:

Items: EUR 64,44
    Shipping & Handling: EUR 33,80
    Total Before Tax: EUR 98,24
    Estimated Tax To Be Collected: USD 0.00
    Import Fees Deposit EUR 20,63
    Order Total: EUR 118,87

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Find it very hard to believe. Why would there be a duty reduction of 100% ??

• Registered Users Posts: 48 giannidtz

I didn't buy one but this should clarify a little bit about the refund some people got:

Import Fees Deposit
    The Amazon Global Program offers customers a unique service: duty and tax estimation during checkout and customs clearance on your behalf for certain eligible countries. When products are shipped to the eligible countries using eligible ship options included in the Amazon Global Program, an Import Fees Deposit will be estimated and collected for the shipment. With your authorization, such funds will be used by the carrier or another agent to pay the Import Fees on behalf of you (or the recipient's behalf) to the appropriate authorities of the destination country (See detail below).

Read below for the answers to further questions about the Import Fees Deposit and applicable Terms and Conditions, and visit our Amazon Global Program store to browse products that are available for shipping to the countries participating in the program.

Which products does the Import Fees Deposit apply to?

Items sent to eligible countries via Priority International Shipping and in certain cases via Standard or Expedited International Shipping will have an estimated Import Fees Deposit applied to the order. The payment of import fees is the responsibility of the importer and is levied based on the laws of the country into which the products are being shipped.

What if the actual Import Fees are less than the Import Fees Deposit I was charged?

If the actual Import Fees (paid by carrier on behalf of the recipient to the customs and tax authorities of the destination country) are less than the Import Fees Deposit collected by us on your behalf, you will automatically be refunded the difference to the payment method you used for the order. You will receive a notification e-mail to confirm the amount of the refund. The process takes 60 days from the shipment date.

What if the actual Import Fees are more than the Import Fees Deposit I was charged?

For items sold by Amazon Export Sales, Inc., you will not be charged any additional fees if the actual Import Fees exceed the Import Fees Deposit we estimated. For items sold by Amazon Marketplace sellers, please check the seller's policies.

How do you estimate the amount of the Import Fees Deposit?

The Amazon Global Program uses software to determine the estimated duties, taxes, and fees associated with each item in the order for the destination country selected during the checkout process.

How can the estimated Import Fees Deposit differ from the actual import duties and fees payable?

The Import Fees Deposit is an estimation of the taxes and duties that may apply and is not an actual calculation of the taxes and duties. In addition, customs regulations and tax rates applicable to certain goods may change between the date the taxes and duties were estimated and the applicable taxes and duties on the date of entry. Also, classification of goods in various countries and regions may be different.

Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_468520_intl?nodeId=596184

Happy Days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

anyone that got one of these looking to sell it ? Pm me if you are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

Pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

i got one aswell which i never use.. so if you want it.. you can have it for 70.

Advertisement