Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no roasting rack, advice

Options
  • 29-12-2011 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hello,

The recipe I am trying requires to put a pork tenderloin on a roasting rack inside a roasting pan, and then layer potatoes on the bottom.

The problem is I don't have a roasting rack and don't have the option to go buy one. Can I get away with just laying the meat on top of the potatoes?

Thanks for the advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

If you have a large enough pan try using the rack from the grill. Otherwise put the meat on the potatoes.

You could also try putting the meat on the oven shelf directly and put the potatoes in the roasting tray on the one below. Could be messy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

You could try making 'ropes' out of tinfoil, and put them crosswise (maybe 2-4 each way) across your roasting dish. This should keep the meat elevated, and the spuds can fit in the gaps between.

Advertisement