Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot passcode to Broadband, how can I get it reset?

Options
  • 29-12-2011 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Had a few people down over Xmas who wanted to use broadband in the house but I've actually forgotten my password. I had to ring Eircom a couple of times when setting it up and the passcode doesn't appear to be my normal password.

Can someone on here reset it if I pm them my details?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭MiamiMice

Is it not on the back of the modem?

There should also be a reset switch. google the make of modem and work it out from there..

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

There's usually a pinhole on the back of the modem, push a pencil or sharp point into it for a few seconds. Should reset it back to factory settings. Then use the default password/username usually on a sticker on the back of the router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Lemlin wrote: »
    Had a few people down over Xmas who wanted to use broadband in the house but I've actually forgotten my password. I had to ring Eircom a couple of times when setting it up and the passcode doesn't appear to be my normal password.

Can someone on here reset it if I pm them my details?

Thanks Lemlin,

The following links on our Support website should be helpful in resetting the modem and finding the Wireless Security Key:

Resetting the modem - LINK

Find the Security Key - LINK

If asked for a password when logging on to the modem, just type : broadband1 (small letters).

If you're usng a non-eircom modem, you may need to check with the manufacturer's manual or Support. As suggested above, you should also be able to search for the modem settings online; e.g : google, or youtube, etc.

If you need further help let me know, or call direct into Broadband Support:

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Season's greetings,
    Ant

Advertisement