Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hp deskjet picture printing problem

Options
  • 29-12-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

soryy if im not doing this in the right spot. have looked for a printer thread.
    My problem is that i have a hp deskjet f380printer. prints text documents no trouble but lately any pictures.photos i try and print have horizontal pink stripy lines going through the botom half of picture the bands of pink get wider the further down you go. have tried hp website but all i get is to go t the hp solution centre on my computer in the start and program section. i dont seem to have this. does anyone know how to get it printing right again?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

soryy if im not doing this in the right spot. have looked for a printer thread.
    My problem is that i have a hp deskjet f380printer. prints text documents no trouble but lately any pictures.photos i try and print have horizontal pink stripy lines going through the botom half of picture the bands of pink get wider the further down you go. have tried hp website but all i get is to go t the hp solution centre on my computer in the start and program section. i dont seem to have this. does anyone know how to get it printing right again?

Are you using compatible inks or originals? You may have a faulty ink cartridge, make sure all stickers or labels that are meant to be removed are off the colour ink cartridge and that you have run at least 3 head cleaning cycles

Nick

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I have one of those,the most likely cause is the colour ink cartridge is in need of replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭truebloodfan

that may be it, i replaced the black and white one recently so maybe it may be time for the other one. never thought of that, thanks

just for again, how do you run head cleaning cycles?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

just for again, how do you run head cleaning cycles?

Look under maintenence in HP printer utility

Nick

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    Look under maintenence in HP printer utility

Nick

i dont seem to have that, the only thing i have thats printer related is in the control panel when i o into printers. i remember i used to have some sort of hp program but that vanished when i had to reinstall windows one time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Go to HP website and search for the latest driver / utility software for your printer and Windows version.

http://www8.hp.com/ie/en/support-drivers.html

Follow the instructions for downloading, installing, restart etc.

Advertisement