Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotpoint Fridge not cooloing

• 29-12-2011 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I have a Hotpoint Fridge RLA54 that's stopped cooling, its less than three years old and i want to try and repair it. I think it could be the compressor as there is no noise coming from the fridge at all.

Please help! If i can i really want to try and repair it as i am broke!

Cheers Jen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Theres a great website you might look at, not sure if I can post the name here but heres a clip from their advice, I can PM you their web address

Fridge-freezer not working but light on:

Reason: Thermostat off or set to 'defrost'
    Solution: Adjust to normal setting.

Reason: Faulty thermostat
    Solution: Replace fridge thermostat or contact a qualified repairer.

Reason: Faulty compressor
    Solution: Replace fridge compressor or contact a qualified repairer.

All I ever knew about fridge compressors was that you dont plug the fridge in after you have moved it for about 6 hours to prevent the refrigerant gases airlocking. Did you move it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I think it could be the compressor as there is no noise coming from the fridge at all.

If its not running at all but the light is on then its the thermostat, if it runs for a matter of seconds and stops, then repeats the same sequence over again, then its the compressor, if it runs constantly but doesnt get cold then its a gas issue.

Advertisement