Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Too Young, Too Young!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Led Zeppelin The Clash

In fairness, if I saw a load of 12 year olds in a club I'd be reporting the club.

I wouldn't mind clubs where the odd 16/17 year old sneaks in, but then again, I wouldn't expect to be in these clubs so it wouldn't bother me.

Cork is a good example I can give. I would never go to Gorbys or Cubins because it is full of teeny boppers. I assume not all are over 18 in these clubs. However anything under 16 is ridiculous.

There's clubs for people under 18,If you want to drink alcohol then fcuk off and do it somewhere else!

When I went to a club for people my age the thing was shut down early because of some basterd drinking in plain site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

In fairness, if I saw a load of 12 year olds in a club I'd be reporting the club.

I wouldn't mind clubs where the odd 16/17 year old sneaks in, but then again, I wouldn't expect to be in these clubs so it wouldn't bother me.

Cork is a good example I can give. I would never go to Gorbys or Cubins because it is full of teeny boppers. I assume not all are over 18 in these clubs. However anything under 16 is ridiculous.

Actually, Gorbys is one of the strictest places I've ever been to for ID.
    When I was 17 my friend was using her older sister's ID (who was 22).
    They figured it wasn't her so made her sign 'her' signature on a sheet of paper and kept it on file, she wasn't allowed in until she was 18, despite numerous attempts.
    I also attempted to get into Gorbys underage and it's very very strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Take_Her_Handy

Places nearby are strictly over 18.
    You need I.D which will be examined and if its fake and your underage the bouncers can apprehend you and call the police.
    I seen it happen quite a few times,first years try it often as do 6th classers and its pretty hilarious watching them walk to the door trying to look sophisticated with there bullsh!t I.D.
    Really its a sight to see.

Last time I checked a young lad about 12(And looked about 8)tried to get in but the bouncer said 'thats it I'm getting the gardai' and so the young lad went running and the bouncer floored it after him on foot.grabbed him pulled him back,held him there and rang the gards.The funny thing was,you see loads of little 6th classers scatter out of the line and run after they seen what happened.

So yeah the club is impossible to go in unless your 18.

I like the sound of that!!!!

I like the sound of that!!!!

Oh it is funny.
    I still just sit across the road looking at the 6th classer and 1st years trying to go in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Arianna_26

Well guys, I'm starting to feel a bit old here at 26!!!! Reason being is my local niteclub and even town is being taken over with young one's!

Now I'm not talking about 17-18 year old's!! Their 12-13-15-16 and up!

Now being a young lad 10 years ago, i did have the odd night out, but these CHILDREN are being let out, drinking and making a state of themselves!

The niteclub in question was previously closed for serving minors (15-17) and was reopened just about a year ago. And about 6 months after the invasion of 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students have become a familiar sight, all drinking and everything else that comes with a night out!!!

Now the local Gardai sit in the station most of every night and barely get up to have a poo if you ask me, actually I'd say they wear adult nappies as to remove the burden of ever getting off their backsides when on duty.

The parent's have to know because it's all over Facebook of drunken stupid status updates! and they're letting them go out and do whatever the feck they want!!!

I have a 3 year old and when she's 15 she still wont be let out to get drunk and feck up whatever future you could expect in Ireland then. I know young descent kids too that don't and rightly so aren't let out and get slagged for this.

Is this a national thing now? Should we just drop the drinking age to after confirmation of WFT??? It can't keep going like this!!

What you think?

I think that just pointing out a problem isn't really helpful - everyone knows it goes on and isn't right.

What do you propose we do to sort it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Oh it is funny.
    I still just sit across the road looking at the 6th classer and 1st years trying to go in.

I wouldn't broadcast that.

I wouldn't broadcast that.

How do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭as125634do

Kids will be kids always trying adult things, thats where i 'cum' in. Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

How do you mean?
    DO you follow them home then?

• Advertisement

Arianna_26 wrote: »
    I think that just pointing out a problem isn't really helpful - everyone knows it goes on and isn't right.

What do you propose we do to sort it out?
    Bitch about it!!!! >:( I'm not clever enough to come up with a solution, As a bouncer elsewhere in a 23+ club, were quite forward that -23's don't get in!!!! And it's going grand!!!!

Why cant the bouncers use a bit of cop on and ask for ID! Unless the're being told to do otherwise!!!

Samich wrote: »
    DO you follow them home then?

I'm 14 you immature dumbass.
    Its funny when you see it happen,and I know them,they act all great but when faced at a bouncer they start shivering.

I guess you think your smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Well guys, I'm starting to feel a bit old here at 26!!!! Reason being is my local niteclub and even town is being taken over with young one's!

Now being a young lad 10 years ago, i did have the odd night out, but these CHILDREN are being let out, drinking and making a state of themselves!

The niteclub in question was previously closed for serving minors (15-17) and was reopened just about a year ago. And about 6 months after the invasion of 1st, 2nd and 3rd year students have become a familiar sight, all drinking and everything else that comes with a night out!!!

Now the local Gardai sit in the station most of every night and barely get up to have a poo if you ask me, actually I'd say they wear adult nappies as to remove the burden of ever getting off their backsides when on duty.

The parent's have to know because it's all over Facebook of drunken stupid status updates! and they're letting them go out and do whatever the feck they want!!!

I have a 3 year old and when she's 15 she still wont be let out to get drunk and feck up whatever future you could expect in Ireland then. I know young descent kids too that don't and rightly so aren't let out and get slagged for this.

Is this a national thing now? Should we just drop the drinking age to after confirmation of WFT??? It can't keep going like this!!

What you think?

If you are that concerned and so sure there is under-age drinking going on report it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

This you brah?

http://d37nnnqwv9amwr.cloudfront.net/entries/icons/original/000/003/619/Untitled-1.jpg

Blay wrote: »

Hahaha Oh my god yeah WOW your sense of humor is hilarious and also unique.

Bitch about it!!!! >:( I'm not clever enough to come up with a solution, As a bouncer elsewhere in a 23+ club, were quite forward that -23's don't get in!!!! And it's going grand!!!!

Why cant the bouncers use a bit of cop on and ask for ID! Unless the're being told to do otherwise!!!

I thought it was standard for bouncers to ask for ID?

I'm 25 and anytime I've been to a club I have been asked.

I doubt anyone would risk losing their license by deliberately letting in those who are underage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Ah lads, it's horrible, their too young! Their getting sick all over the dance floor! And at 12... seriously!!! This is acceptable. Its in the midlands and I'm not locating it any further. Peodos will take over! One 13 year old lad thied to get tough with me!!! I'm a bouncer 6'1 and 25 stone!!! I'd break him into little pieces if I fecking breathed on him and then I'd be up in court for hitting a minor!!! Girls are trying it on with my mates, also a court date in there if he goes with it!!!! Guy's, they're not able for it, They're 12!!!!!!!!!!!

If your the bouncer on the club In question why dont you stop then coming in.

Few weird threads today I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Take_Her_Handy, you're being hysterical.

There's been a load of weird threads started every day over the past few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Welcome to After Hours.

• Advertisement

He's crazy like a fox.

thomasm wrote: »
    If your the bouncer on the club In question why dont you stop then coming in.

Not work in this club!!! I work in Galway!

Not work in this club!!! I work in Galway!

It's not easy to get into the clubs in Galway.

hondasam wrote: »
    It's not easy to get into the clubs in Galway.

Especially 12 year old's!

Ha ha, fair play!!

Especially 12 year old's!

how strict are you ?

hondasam wrote: »
    how strict are you ?

I'm fair, Don't be underage, Don't be hammered, Don't be a massive liability and most important, don't give me a headache! There's rules there for a reason and yes, there is a bit of leeway, just common sense! If you seem drunk but you seem like your sound, who am I to not let you in, But if I ask you for ID and you give me guff, why should I let you in to shout abuse at the lovely girls behind the bar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

What you think?

I am going to give you some advice. Some might call it common sense.
    1. Speak to the night club Manager and make a complaint that the Doormen of his club are letting in under age girls.
    2. Report the night club to the Gardai.
    3. Don't complain about a night club on a forum and expect sympathy. If you want the problem dealt with, then take ownership of it and deal with it yourself.
    Problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

When I was growing up in the country, I was going to the local niteclubs from around age 15. I'm 30 now and fecking hate when I go home at Christmas, etc. I feel like such a auld one :mad: Even at age 20 you'd be one of the older ones in there on a normal night.

That's why I don't think I could move back home for a few years at least. I'd never feel out of place in a Dublin niteclub but when you go home it can be a very ageing place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Ah lads, it's horrible, their too young! Their getting sick all over the dance floor! And at 12... seriously!!! This is acceptable. Its in the midlands and I'm not locating it any further. Peodos will take over! One 13 year old lad thied to get tough with me!!! I'm a bouncer 6'1 and 25 stone!!! I'd break him into little pieces if I fecking breathed on him and then I'd be up in court for hitting a minor!!! Girls are trying it on with my mates, also a court date in there if he goes with it!!!! Guy's, they're not able for it, They're 12!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuff said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Its happening in more than your local nightclub OP.

I was back home for the hols and felt like a granddad when I was out, I'm in my mid-twenties ffs!!!

What made it feel like a kindergarden was when I was in the beer garden talking on the phone when I was asked to move by some young one cause she wanted to shift her boyfriend?!:confused: Must have been scared mammy was out and would see. Also one of my mates was talking to his 15 year old cousin.

Now this is the same nightclub that wouldnt let you in 3 years ago if you didnt have the right shoes on, the recession brings venues down into the gutter.

I kind it hard to believe that any club or pub would risk their license by allowing 12 year old kids in. I can understand the odd 15 or 16 year old getting in but for a place to have loads of 12-14 year olds just sounds like something of an outright fabrication.

I'm also curious as to how the OP knows that these kids are as young as 12 and what they are posting on facebook. Seems a bit odd to me that a grown man would be friends with 12 year olds online.

I kind it hard to believe that any club or pub would risk their license by allowing 12 year old kids in. I can understand the odd 15 or 16 year old getting in but for a place to have loads of 12-14 year olds just sounds like something of an outright fabrication.

I'm also curious as to how the OP knows that these kids are as young as 12 and what they are posting on facebook. Seems a bit odd to me that a grown man would be friends with 12 year olds online.

Herself is friends with some of them as she has a job in the chipper in town and gets sent friend requests! And man, this is not made up, now full of 12-14 it was not, but about 1/5 of them were below 15!

It all started with 3 weekends of 18th Bday parties and has spiraled out of control since!!

So believe it or not, it's true.

Herself is friends with some of them as she has a job in the chipper in town and gets sent friend requests! And man, this is not made up, now full of 12-14 it was not, but about 1/5 of them were below 15!

It all started with 3 weekends of 18th Bday parties and has spiraled out of control since!!

So believe it or not, it's true.

I find it hard to believe, doubt that anyone would risk their license in order to make a few quid serving 12 year old kids who have yet to enter secondary school. What I'm curious about is how you know they are 12-14? Plenty of people look younger than they are, hell I'm 26 and was refused alcohol in tesco last week as I had no ID on me.

I find it hard to believe, doubt that anyone would risk their license in order to make a few quid serving 12 year old kids who have yet to enter secondary school. What I'm curious about is how you know they are 12-14? Plenty of people look younger than they are, hell I'm 26 and was refused alcohol in tesco last week as I had no ID on me.

Well, i'm basing it on 4 girls that are in my estate that all went into 1st year last sept, they were out and a good few of their friends and have been all over christmas + one of our close friends was horrified that her little brother is slagged that he doesn't go out, and he also is in first year! So I went into 1st year at 12 so there ya go!!! Whatever you want to pull from that, do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

There's no point getting hysterical OP. All you have to do is to continue frequenting the nightclubs but instead take a pipe with you (you don't have to take up smoking but it's up to you if you do or don't like) then shtop all the young ones as they go past and just say "back when I was your age this nightclub was all fields, and the young wans were dancing with cattle, it was a grand aul time"

That'll show 'em. :cool:

Well, i'm basing it on 4 girls that are in my estate that all went into 1st year last sept, they were out and a good few of their friends and have been all over christmas + one of our close friends was horrified that her little brother is slagged that he doesn't go out, and he also is in first year! So I went into 1st year at 12 so there ya go!!! Whatever you want to pull from that, do!

Have you contacted your local Guarda barracks or informed the manager of the club or even spoken to the parents of the girls you know. I still think it's complete bollocks tbh. Either that or the people who run your local club are absolute morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Samich wrote: »
    If there's grass on the field, play ball ;)
    To be honest if you've gotten that far you may as well just continue on! You're already facing some pretty serious charges...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

This thread makes me feel like I had such an innocent childhood, I didn't drink at all until I was 16 :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

This thread makes me feel like I had such an innocent childhood, I didn't drink at all until I was 16 :o

It is rather shocking just how more advanced 12 year olds are these days. When my brother was in 6th class two of his classmates fathered a child together, their parents were allowing them to sleep together. My mom told me that the now grandmother told her outside the school one day that "wasn't it better for the kids to learn about it early on in a safe environment than be promiscuous later on".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

It is rather shocking just how more advanced 12 year olds are these days. When my brother was in 6th class two of his classmates fathered a child together, their parents were allowing them to sleep together. My mom told me that the now grandmother told her outside the school one day that "wasn't it better for the kids to learn about it early on in a safe environment than be promiscuous later on".

:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I am not sure???

But the Barcode was notorious for allowing underage drinking, I heard it lost it's licence because of it. Again I am not sure about that, it could even be still open.

sup_dude wrote: »
    :eek::eek:
    b
    Properly should rephrase that, fathered is the wrong word but I'm placing the blame on the empty beer bottles beside me.

I was shocked when my mother told me all about it. When I was 12 all I wanted to do was play with Transformers or watch the latest Arnie film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

So the club is in Longford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

b
    Properly should rephrase that, fathered is the wrong word but I'm placing the blame on the empty beer bottles beside me.

I was shocked when my mother told me all about it. When I was 12 all I wanted to do was play with Transformers or watch the latest Arnie film.

Even so, when I was 12, the sex talk was the most mortifying thing you could get, never mind actually have sex. What happened to innocence? :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

The younger the better.

So the club is in Longford?

Yes County

sup_dude wrote: »
    Even so, when I was 12, the sex talk was the most mortifying thing you could get, never mind actually have sex. What happened to innocence? :(

Did you hear about the different uses for the colorful bands primary school kids wear for different ''rights of passage''

44leto wrote: »
    I am not sure???

But the Barcode was notorious for allowing underage drinking, I heard it lost it's licence because of it. Again I am not sure about that, it could even be still open.

Well this club in question was closed down for '' renovations'' But we all knew what da craic was! And it opened after 6 months!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

You sure they weren't in the creche that the inner city niteclubs have? Saves the skangers blowing their hard earned dole on a babysitter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement